Join our zoo community

If I Had My Own Zoo

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by ZooMania, 30 Dec 2007.

1. EvilKittie

EvilKittie Well-Known Member

Probally are, but i've seen a meerkat enclosure with the meerkat sign on, but a mislabeled mongoose enclosure :eek:

2. EvilKittie

EvilKittie Well-Known Member

Panthera Royalus Blancos :D:D

3. fkalltheway

fkalltheway Well-Known Member 15+ year member

My dream zoo is divided into several areas mainly sticking to the zoogeographic layout with the exception of the Children’s Zoo area. The major areas are as follows: Africa, Asia, Australia, Children’s Zoo, Islands, North America, and South America. Each of these major areas each has multiple exhibit areas within them. A major focus for me is immersion, not only of visitors into the animal’s exhibit space but also immersion of visitors into a locale. Mixed species exhibits are also a prominent feature of my zoo.

I understand that this zoo would have to operate on a major budget to even survive day to day but it is a fictitious thread, but one day I would love to see this zoo constructed. I have researched each species carefully and double-checked them through ISIS so I know most, if not all, species are currently kept in captivity and if they are not they would be species that could be obtained without much hassle.

I am going to take this one area, one exhibit at a time. (Jurek7, I’m going to bold key features like you have in your previous posts, I hope you don’t mind.) I have gone as far as to decide the number of individuals of each species I would like to have in addition to if I would like to breed the species but I won’t list that here unless you guys are interested.

I am going to start off with the Australia section. I’ve yet to come up with any creative names, but that’s something I can always go back and add later. This whole area is themed around an old train station which houses a major portion of the animals in this area. Remnants of the railway are seen throughout the outdoor visitor space as well as in exhibits in the form of old tracks and water towers. A small portion of the iconic Dingo Fence will be replicated and incorporated into the outdoor visitor space and even be used as part of exhibit barriers. The exhibits in this area are designed to show guests the diversity of animals which can be found throughout Australia while still hitting all the “classics” that guests want to see.

A small pond in front of the train station will provide a central focal point for this area. Black Swans (1.1+offspring), Chestnut Teals (1.2+offspring), and Australian Shovelers (2.0) will make there home here. The pond will taper off into a small stream at one end which will extend out into a few other exhibit areas, further tying the different exhibits together. Yellow-footed Rock Wallabies (1.2+offspring) will share an exhibit with Cape Barren Geese (1.1). Black-necked Storks (1.1) and Magpie Geese (1.1) will be found at the end of the stream in a marsh-like habitat. Emus (2.1) will share a large exhibit with Red-necked Wallabies (1.3+offspring) that will resemble the Australian Outback scrub. Dingoes (0.3) will have a spacious exhibit near the old train station, with plenty of close up viewing for visitors. Outside the train station there will be a few aviaries incorporated into the building itself, like sectioned off areas of a typical train station “porch.” These aviaries will house Red-tailed Black Cockatoos (1.1+offspring), Laughing Kookaburras (1.1+offspring), and Galahs (0.3) which will share their exhibit with Quokka (1.1+offspring).

The train station building itself will resemble the letter “I” in shape and is divided into roughly 3 main sections: Nocturnal, Desert, and Eucalyptus Grove. The Desert section will be located in the center of the building and the visitor space will be designed to look like the inside of a typical train station. A major focus of the Desert gallery is a mixed species exhibit housing Tammar Wallabies (1.1+offspring), Eastern Rosellas (3.0), Princess Parrots (2.2), Bourke’s Parrots (2.2), Cloncurry Parrots (2.0), and Zebra Finches (3.3+offspring). Another mixed species exhibit in this gallery houses Mitchell’s Cockatoos (1.1), Crested Pigeons (2.2+offspring), and Gouldian Finches (3.3+offspring). Other species found here include Peretie (1.2+offspring), Inland Bearded Dragon (1.0), Fierce Snake (1.1), Woma (1.1), Thorny Devil (0.0.3), and Shingleback Skink (1.1) and Hosmer’s Skink (2.2) [exhibited together].

To the left of the Desert gallery is the Nocturnal section. Visitors will encounter species such as Tiger Quoll (1.1+offspring), Silver-gray Brush-tail Possum (1.2), Tawny Frogmouth (1.1), Sugar Glider (1.3), Tasmanian Devil (1.1+offspring), Brush-tailed Rat-Kangaroo (1.1+offspring), and Bilby (1.1+offspring). These animals will be housed in a traditional format, on either side of a hallway behind glass. At the end of the nocturnal section (the end-cap of the building on this side) there will be a large room with open-air exhibits for Southern Hairy-nosed Wombats (1.1+offspring) and Short-beaked Echidinas (1.1+offspring). Only a short wall will separate visitors from these animals. Grey-headed Flying Foxes (8.0) will share exhibit space with not only wombats and echidinas but also visitors in this area.

Similar to the Nocturnal section, the Eucalyptus Grove section houses animals in traditional gallery exhibits (alternating between glass and mesh barriers) until visitors reach the end-cap which will have another open-air exhibit. This gallery houses many reptiles and amphibians as well as a few mixed species bird exhibits. Reptile/Amphibian/Invertebrate Species here include Taipan (1.0), Black-headed Python (1.1), Children’s Python (1.1), Jungle Carpet Python (1.0), Northern Blue-tongued Skink (1.0), Frilled Lizard (1.1), Giant Marine Toad (0.0.2) [aka Cane Toad to talk about introduced species], White’s Tree Frog (0.0.8), Funnelweb Spider (0.0.4), and Redback Spider (0.0.1). Two mixed species bird exhibits showcase Green-winged Doves (1.2+offspring), Blue-faced Honeyeaters (1.1+offspring), and Fawn-breasted Bowerbird (1.0), and Australian King Parrots (1.1) with Superb Lyrebirds (1.0). Making their home in an open-air eucalyptus grove and serving the role of anchor species for this gallery are (you guessed it) Queensland Koalas (2.2+offspring). The Koalas will also have an outdoor exhibit space outside the train station.

Australia Section Recap: 15 species of mammals, 24 species of birds, 13 species of reptiles, 2 species of amphibians, and 2 species of invertebrates. 56 total species, 151 individual animals.

I’ll be posting more areas as I have time, I already have all of the species chosen, it just takes some time for me to type up these descriptions.

UPDATE: I've now added the number of individuals of each species and if I plan to breed them. It's done in the format (male.female.unknown), and if it says "+offspring" that means I plan to breed them.

Last edited: 17 Jun 2009
  4. Cat-Man

Cat-Man Well-Known Member 15+ year member

i would like to know

5. fkalltheway

fkalltheway Well-Known Member 15+ year member

There, I updated my post to include that information.

What do you guys think so far? What area should I tackle next?

Last edited: 17 Jun 2009
  6. Cat-Man

anyone you choose, thinking about my list

7. Jurek7

Jurek7 Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Hi,

I bump this old thread, because somebody asked me if I designed a bigger exhibit ;) So I post one of my old ideas.

KALAHARI SAFARI

This complex recreates dry regions of Central and Western Namibia: Etosha Pan and Walvis Bay, with just a few animals from adjacent South Africa. All animals come form the following ecoregions: Namibian savanna woodland, Succulent Karoo and Namib desert.

At the entrance, visitors see a sandy hill with giant babobab tree. They go up the winding path, seeing white sand, thorny bushes, and small artifacts – ostrich eggs, elephant skull, termite mound, weaverbird nest. They hear chattering of weaverbirds from the nest and guineafowl from the bush - thanks to installed loudspeakers. Soon they see these animals for real.

The path is modelled like a dirty track with imprints of animal feet - asking visitors to identify them. Then visitors enter through a hole in baobab tree. They pass through room-sized hollow, and are inside the complex proper.

First is walk-through paddock inhabited by black-faced impala, blue cranes and helmeted guineafowl. The path, made of dry mud, goes through savanna. This 7 ha large paddock forms a semi-circle, surrounding the path, giving impression of walking through landscape surrounded by animals.

There are giraffe, greater kudu, hartmann's zebras, gemsbok, springbok, ostrich and wattled cranes. Animals are separated by dry moat which is slightly raised. To the right of the path, there is elongated exhibit of african hunting dogs. They have acacia trees, bushes and den and winter house disguised underground. Backdrop are hoofed animals.

After 300 meter long walk, visitors approach a group of rocks and go between them. They go into passage between two eroded rock faces, covered with replicas of prehistoric namibian rock paintings of animals and people, and pass a waterfall in a thick canyon. They pass under hoofstock paddock, with giraffes looking into the canyon from above.

Visitors emerge into two walk-through aviaries. One has greater and lesser flamingos, southern bald ibis, hadada ibis, red-billed hornbills, lilac-breasted rollers, southern carmine bee-eaters and meves’s long-tailed starlings. Flamingos have carefully engineered pool, sunny, with separate nesting, resting and feeding areas.

The second aviary has cape griffon, lappet-faced vultures, white-headed vultures and egyptian vultures.

Then they look through the glass and from above into well planted leopard exhibit. High viewpoint helps to observe cheetah without barriers. Actually, exhibits of cheetah, hunting dogs, lions and brown hyena are interconnected and predators can be rotated between them for enrichment.

Visitors find themselves on top of the rocks, watching rock hyrax very close around and below and lion on the grass below. Hyrax are free to go too visitor path or down into lion enclosure, but they wisely stay on rocks, several meters above predators' heads.

The path descends smoothly to the area called Lion Camp This is safari camp with tents and fireplace, and a jeep crossed by the glass going into lion paddock. So children can sit in the jeep and watch lions on jeep mask.

Animal winter house is hidden in the rocks, partially under the restaurant. Novelty are carefully designed naturalistic indoor exhibits of large mammals. Visitors return to a rock canyon, and see glass-fronted lion exhibits. There are three separable rooms, with three viewing windows set so that borders between rooms are not visible.

Indoor lion exhibit is large (ca. 200 m2 together) and has climbing rocks behind, grassy floor with bushes and trunks and branches of "dead tree" allowing lions to hide, climb and play indoors, too. In the front of the exhibit, there is a buffalo skeleton, presumably presenting a prey just killed by lions. It is made of replica buffalo skull frontlet and cow bones which lions often chew. This is exhibit which tells a powerful story even if lions are asleep or not present.

Nearby is indoor/outdoor exhibit for the smallest African cat, the black-footed cat. It is viewed through the glass, again realised as looking out from the canyon. Nearby panel illustrates all cat species together and invites visitors to identify these tricky cheetahs, leopards, jaguars, black panthers and pumas.

Lions are a central species in Lion Camp. Zoo keeps a large group of over ten animals. They can be seen from above, from the side closely behind glass and from the distance behind moat. Their enclosure has grass, some trees and shrubs. High dead trunk is a feeding pole on which lions can climb.

The Lion Camp includes a restaurant and children's playground. One activity is children painting own rock paintings using ochre and chalk. There is also amphitheatre in front of a separate exhibit. There are regular presentations of African wildlife. They begin with films about Africa projected on rocks with strong conservation message.

Then real predators come into the paddock. They are fed, and invited to chase meat suspended from the rope. In the ideal situation, first to enter are cheetahs. Then cheetahs depart to their exhibit of the day, and come hunting dogs. The final presentation are lions. Since predator exhibits are designed to be rotated, they are connected to common passageways, and animals can change places smoothly. The presentation talks how different carnivores compete, and one carcass in Africa often changes ownership several times. The paddock in front of the amphitheatre is also designed so, that in theory it can be normal exhibit, or presentation arena for other animals.

Nearby, visitors see meerkats and southern ground squirrels in their exhibits with termite mound, with lions on the background.
    On the other group of rocks there is a restaurant which allows views of savanna ungulates and lions from above. Views their of children playing are preferable to some visitors. At regular times, guests can go on a side ramp and feed giraffes by hand with leafy branches.

The central indoor room adjoins restaurant. It joins lion indoor exhibit and ungulate indoor exhibits. It has educational exhibit, meerkat winter display, and live termite mound. One wall is modelled as rocky cliff inhabited by rock hyrax (passing from lions), guinea pigeon, porcupine lizard and rock agamas. There is also a walk-through room with a nest of sociable weavers, village weavers, carmine bee-eaters and meves’s long-tailed starlings.

There is also large exhibit of african cultural artifacts. Visitors can walk into a dark cave to observe bald ibises and vultures nesting and resting on their rocky ledges through Venetian glass.

Zebra and giraffe have glass-fronted exhibits with raised floor and painted backdrop of rolling savanna, furnished with branches and fake termite mounds. Giraffes can also be observed indoors without barriers from the first-floor level, as the part of room with African animals.

Rhino indoor exhibit is very naturalistic.
    It is separated by glass, too. Poles are disguised an stumps and termite mounds. Wire is disguised as tangled lianas. Exhibit has soft floor and is backed by tree trunks and live thorny trees growing in metal tubes disguised as tree trunks. Amethyst starlings and hoopoes live in mixed exhibit over heads of the rhinos. Education topic is bird migration. Hoopoe is example of European breeding birds spending most of their lives in Africa.

Then people follow outside along outside black rhino enclosures. At one point, rhinos are separated only by a trunk of dead tree laying on the grass. Co-inhabitants are white storks, egyptian geese and maccoa ducks. Continuing the theme about bird migration, white stork is an example of European breeding bird spending most of its life in Africa.

Further is enclosure of brown hyena. It is a dune planted with thorny bushes and acacia. Hyena, hunting dogs, leopard, cheetah and lions can swap their enclosures as additional enrichment, although only hunting dogs, cheetahs and hyenas can go into the narrower-moated exhibits near ungulates and on the dune.

Visitors passing hyena dune hear sounds resembling sea waves from loudspeakers. People go between the sandy hills and find the way blocked by towering front of rusty shipwreck from Skeleton Coast of Namibia.

People enter the corroded hole in the shipwreck, and emerge on the beach inhabited by african penguins and african fur seals. Animals are in three adjacent, but visually merging, pools shaped as bays on the coast – one sandy, two rocky, replicating habitats of the bird colonies along the Namibian coast. Especially care was taken to merge exhibits – sometimes people can see fur seals on the beach, penguins waddling behind, and brown hyena on the top of the dune – each in its own separate enclosure.

Visitors can observe penguins from above, and walk back into dunes to see nesting penguins in holes and caves. Penguins can walk overhead over visitor path or on a ramp overhead, which is designed as a dune.

Then the path goes back underwater, to see penguins and sea lions swimming underwater. Underwater landscape is highly naturalistic, with deep underwater canyons and forests of huge artifical kelp.Education topics are penguins, pollution and overfishing, and suspended from the ceiling is life-size model of white shark hidden between artifical kelp which is seals natural predator. Open mouth of the shark scares smaller children.

After a loop, visitors go to the next ehxibit.

As usually, if some zoo really has interest in making such exhibit or borrow ideas, I am open to advise :) Time allowing :)

8. Gforrestersmith

Gforrestersmith Well-Known Member

Nice Collections Dudes, I got a Heck of alot of Ideas! Here's My First

Description: a Large Zoo is an Animal Collection Larger than San Diego's.

Exhibits and Animals:

Wild Asia: Giant Panda, Red Panda, Asian Small Clawed Otter, Sloth Bear, Takin, Indian Crested Porcupine, Lion Tailed Macaque, Clouded Leopard, Fishing Cat, White Handed Gibbon, Przewalski's Horse, Scimitar Horned Oryx, Dama Gazelle, Arabian Oryx, Tufted Deer, Fallow Deer, Axis Deer, Muntjac, Sambar Deer, Pere's David's Deer, Japanese Serow, Somali Wild Ass, Onager, Dhole, Binturong, Babirusa, Warty Pig, Bearded Pig, Chinese Goral, Swift Fox, Stanley Crane, Saurus Crane, Red Crowned Crane, Whooping Crane, Chinese Alligator, Giant Salamander

Reptile House: American Alligator, Nile Crocodile, Dwarf Crocodile, Slever Snouted Crocodile, Freshwater Crocodile, Cuban Crocodile, Indian Gharial, False Gharial, Spectaled Caiman, Dwarf Caiman, Komodo Dragon, Nile Monitor, Water Monitor, Gila Monster, Bearded Lizard, Arizona Alligator Lizard, Blue Tongued Skink, Caiman Lizard, Black Tegu, Blue Iguana, Green Iguana, Leopard Gecko, Madagascar Giant Day Gecko, Bearded Dragon, Plummed Basilisk, Water Dragon, Panther Chameleon, Jackson's Chameleon, Frilled Lizard, Burmese Python, Green Anaconda, Yellow Anaconda, Emerald Tree Boa, Green Tree Python, Rainbow Boa, Reticulated Python, Rock Python, Black Headed Python, King Cobra, Indian Cobra, Egyptian Cobra, Spitting Cobra, Corn Snake, Milksnake, Mangrove Snake, Asian Vine Snake, Copperhead, Cottonmouth, Black Mamba, Green Mamba, Puff Adder, Gaboon Viper, Eastern Diamond Rattlesnake, Timber Rattlesnake, Eyelash Viper, Galapogos Tortoise, Aladra Tortoise, Leopard Tortoise, Red Footed Tortoise, Pancake Tortoise, Indian Star Tortoise, Desert Tortoise, Alligator Snapping Turtle, MataMata Turtle, Red Eared Slider, Painted Turtle, Pig Nosed Turtle, Diamond Back Terrapin, Central American River Turtle, Tuatara, Mossy Frog, Amazon Milk Frog, Poison Dart Frog, Tomato Frog, Bullfrog, Surinam Toad, Fire Bellied Toad, White's Tree Frog, Panamanian Golden Frog

Big Cat Country: African Lion, Sumatran Tiger, White Tiger, Black Panther, Jaguar, Amur Leopard, Snow Leopard, Cougar, Cheetah, Ocelot, Caracal, Serval, Candian Lynx, Bobcat, Black Footed Cat, Margay, Pallas Cat, Sand Cat

African Savannah: African Wild Dog, Striped Hyena, Spotted Hyena, Dwarf Mongoose, Yellow Mongoose, Banded Mongoose, Meerkat, Aardvark, Rock Hyrax, African Crested Porcupine, White Rhino, Black Rhino, Grant's Zebra, Grevy's Zebra, Giraffe, African Cape Buffalo, Bontebok, Greater Kudu, Grant's Gazelle, Thompson's Gazelle, Impala, Wildebeest, Eland, Nyala, Bongo, Roan Antelope, Sable Antelope, Tobi Antelope, Gemsbok, Klipspringer, Kirk's Dik Dik, Steenbok, Aoudad, Warthog, Red River Hog, Ostrich, Crowned Crane, Marabou Stork, Guinea Fowl, Secretary Bird, Southern Ground Hornbill, Kori Bustard, Weaver Bird

Elephant and Camel Trail: African Elephant, Asian Elephant, Dromedary Camel, Bactrian Camel, Guanaco, Vicuana, Greater Rhea, Crested Screamer, Red Legged Seriema

Rainforest Trail: Okapi, Duiker, Nile Hippo, Pygmy Hippo, Nilgai, Blackbuck, Lowland Anoa, Asian Water Buffalo, African Forest Buffalo, Pudu, Collared Peccary, Baird's Tapir, Malayan Tapir, Indian Rhino, Sumatran Rhino, Maned Wolf, Red Wolf, Giant Otter, Kinkajou, White Nosed Coati, Sun Bear, Asian Black Bear, Spectacled Bear, Bush Dog, Bat Eared Fox, Fennec Fox, Fossa, Indian Mongoose, Western Lowland Gorilla, Orangutan, Common Chimpanzee, Bonobo, Siamang, White Handed Gibbon, Mandrill, Hamadryas Baboon, Crested Macaque, Ring Tailed Lemur, Ruffed Lemur, Mongoose Lemur, Black Lemur, Sifaka Lemur, Slender Loris, Slow Loris, Aye Aye, BushBaby, Howler Monkey, Velvet Monkey, Allen's Swamp Monkey, Spider Monkey, Squrriel Monkey, Patas Monkey, Night Monkey, Pygmy Marmoset, Cotton Top Tamiran, Golden Lion Tamiran, Golden Lion Headed Tamiran, Titi Monkey, Black and White Colubus Monkey, DeBrazza's Monkey, Diana Monkey, Douc Langur, Saki Monkey, Slender Loris, Slow Lois, Springhare, Nutria, Capybara, Madagascar Giant Jumping Rat, Brazillian Porcupine, Naked Mole Rat, Cavy, Agouti, Paca, Three Banded Armadillo, Giant Armadillo, Giant Anteater, Collared Anteater, Two Toed Sloth, Three Toed Sloth, Tree Shrew, Black and Rofous Giant Elephant Shrew, Macaws, Amazon Parrot, Kiwi, Crested Caracara, Harpy Eagle, King Vulture, Carribean Flamingo, Chilean Flamingo, Lesser Flamingo, Scarlet Ibis, Sacred Ibis, Bald Ibis, Spoonbill, HammerKop, Inca Tern, Double Crested Cormorant, Mandarin Duck, Great Indian Hornbill, Wrinkled Hornbill, Red Billed Hornbill, Yellow Billed Hornbill, Rhinocerous Hornbill, Knobbed Hornbill, Trumpeter Hornbill, Kingfisher, Cockatoo, Red Fan Parrot, Crowned Pigeon, Saddle Billed Stork, Brown Pelican, White Pelican, California Condor, Andean Condor

Arctic Trail: Polar Bear, Caribou, Musk Ox, Arctic Fox, Raccoon, Fisher, Wolverine, Arctic Wolf, Mexican Wolf, North American Porcupine, American Beaver, American Bison, Pronghorn, Markhor, BigHorn Sheep, Dall Sheep, Ibex, White Tailed Deer, Mule Deer, Moose, Wild Boar, North American Black Bear, Prarie Dog, RingTailed Cat, Japanese Macaque, King Penguin, Gentoo Penguin, Chinstrap Penguin, Rockhopper Penguin, Snowy Owl, Bald Eagle, Golden Eagle, Peregrine Falcon, Turkey Vulture, Various WaterFowl

Australia: Koala, Red Kangaroo, Eastern Grey Kangaroo, Tammar Wallaby, Parma Wallaby, Brush Tailed Rock Wallaby, Tree Kangaroo, Wombat, Numbat, Virginia Opossum, Striped Possum, Tasmanian Devil, Sugar Glider, Dingo, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Flying Fox, Echidna, Cassowary, Emu, Kiwi, Kea, Lorikeet, Saltwater Crocodile

Petting Zoo: Border Collie, Clydesdale, Andulsian Horse, Donkey, Scottish Highland Cattle, Dexter Cattle, Yak, Llama, Alpaca, Jacob Sheep, SouthDown Sheep, Boer Goat, Pygmy Goat, Pot Bellied Pig, Guinea Hog, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Rabbit, Barn Owl, Great Horned Owl, Domestic Turkey, Mute Swan, Trumpeter Swan, Canada Goose

9. Cat-Man

Will you be finishing your plan?:) I loved your australian Exhibit

10. ungulate nerd

ungulate nerd Well-Known Member

11. Cat-Man

Ungluate, I very much like your plan. I have a few pointers on how you could creat a truely successful zoo, with a difference to the current L.A zoo:)

-Concentrate on zoo-geographic zones, something that LA zoo lacks
    -Have large open plain exhibits full of hoofstock to maximise on the nine hundren acres I believe you have free. For example, a large african savannah exhibit with Giraffe, zebra, antelope etc. Possible with a animal kingdom type safari, then with another trail to see the animals upclose aswell as african carnivores.
    -have gorilla, LA zoo doesn't have them.
    -Use a wide range of hoofstock, cats and bears so that you can use up the space effectivly
    -have a large amount of immersion, trying not to replicate the traditional zoo enviroment, thus I was thinking prehaps trying the names 'Long Beach Wild Animal Park' or 'Long Beach Wild Animal Garden' if you were thinking of a botanical garden aswell:)
    Hope this helps:)
    Cat-man

12. James Barber

James Barber Well-Known Member 15+ year member

My dream is to also start my own zoo and I've done my own list of animals that I really want. Animals have been the love of my life and always will be.

I did a list of this thread ages ago and that's when I only started my list so it wasn't too good. My current list is so much bigger.

James B

13. Gforrestersmith

Ok, Here's Another Good Zoo Idea.

When you Enter, have some fun by looking at some Endangered and Rare Animals.

There is the Reptile House, Before you Enter you see Habitats for Cuban Crocodile, Indian Gharial, and Komodo Dragon. When you get Inside, See the Indoor Habitats for the Cuban Crocodiles, Indian Gharials, and Komodo DragonsAs Well as Chinese Alligator, Dwarf Caiman, and West African Dwarf Crocodile. Also see a Temple Habitat for Green Anaconda, Burmese Python, Reticulated Python, King Cobra, and Egyptian Cobra. Also see Asian Water Monitor, Nile Monitor, Tokay Gecko, Leopard Gecko, Madagascar Giant Day Gecko, Blue Iguana, Green Iguana, Green Bailisk, Panther Chameleon, Blue Tonuged Skink, Frilled Lizard, Corn Snake, RatSnake, African Rock Python, Rainbow Boa, Emerald Tree Boa, Green Tree Python, Asian Vine Snake, Gaboon Viper, Puff Adder, Mangrove Snake, Eyelash Viper, Rhinocerous Viper, Alligator Snapping Turtle, Softshell Turtle, MataMata Turtle, Central American River Turtle, Painted Turtle, Red Eared Slider, Leopard Tortoise, Red Footed Tortoise, Yellow Footed Tortoise, Radiated Tortoise, Indian Star Tortoise, and Galapogoes Tortoise. In Addition there are Amphibians; Including Poison Dart Frogs, Amazon Milk Frogs, Red Eyed Tree Frogs, Mossy Frogs, Cane Toad, Fire Bellied Toad and Giant Salamanders.

Visit the Asian Forest Exhibit to See a Habitat for Sloth Bears; As you get Inside, See Clouded Leopards and Fishing Cats prowling their Exhibit, as well as nearby Malayan Tapirs, Lowland Anoa, Babirusa, Indian Crested Porcupine, Asian Small Clawed Otters, and Lion Tailed Macaques.

A Grand Attraction of the Zoo is the Great Apes Exhibit Which is Home to all of the World's Ape Species. See Four Habitats to see Apes upclose; One for Common Chimpanzees, One for Bonobos, One for Orangutans, Siamangs, and White Handed Gibbons, and One for Western Lowland Gorillas, the Zoo's Largest Species.

Also there is the African Kopje exhibit, Home to a Coloney of Meerkats; As well as Banded Mongoose, Dwarf Mongoose, Fennec Fox, Bat Eared Fox, Aardvark, African Crested Porcupines, Klipspringer, Red Billed HornBill, and Yellow Billed HornBill.

Near the African Kopje is the South American Pampas Exhibit. Home to Jaguars, Maned Wolves, Bush Dogs, Giant Otters, Capybara, Giant Anteaters, King Vultures, and Red Legged Seriema. Also There is an Exhibit with Howler Monkeys, Saki Monkeys, and White Nosed Coatis.

Next to the South American Pampas Exhibit is the Penguin Coast Exhibit, This is Where visitors see African Penguins and RockHopper Penguins swim underwater, Also in the Exhibit are Inca Terns and Double-Crested Cormorants.

Between the Great Apes and Asian Forest Exhibits is Lemur Island. A Large Island Home to Colonies of Ring Tailed Lemurs, Sikafa Lemurs, Mongoose Lemurs, Black Lemurs, Black and White Ruffed Lemurs, and Red and Black Ruffed Lemurs.

Near the Reptile House is a RainForest Building, A GreenHouse Building where People can find Free Roaming Animals. Includes Golden Lion Tamirans, Golden Headed Lion Tamirans, Cotton Top Marmosets, Pygmy Marmosets, Two Toed Sloths, Collared Anteaters, Three Banded Armadillos, Agouti, Prehensile Tailed Porcupine, Prevost's Squrriel, Chervotian, Green Winged Macaw, Scarlet Macaw, Gold and Blue Macaw, Military Macaw, Amazon Parrot, Lorikeet, Red Fan Parrot, Eclectus Parrot, Nicobar Pigeon, Scarlet Ibis, Sacred Ibis, SpoonBill, Wattled Jacana, Bali Myna, Great Indian HornBill, Wrinked HornBill, Cattle Egret, Black Necked Stlit, SunBritten and HammerKop.

Also there is a Bat Exhibit Where Indian Flying Foxes fly around in their Forest Habitat.

There is also the Bird Swamp exhibit home to Cassowary, Carribean Flamingoes, Chilean Flamingoes, Grey Crowned Crane, West African Crowned Crane, Whooping Crane, SandHill Crane, Red Crowned Crane, White Naped Crane, Saurus Crane, Demoiselle Crane, Crested Screamer, Kori Bustard, Whistling Duck, Red Brested Goose, Milky Stork, Marabou Stork, and Griffin Vulture.

In Addition, Other Animals Exhibited are Przewalski's Wild Horse, African Wild Dog, Striped Hyena, Red River Hog, Japanese Macaque, Crested Macaque, DeBrazza's Monkey, and Black and White Colubus Monkey.

Thanks for Reading.

Last edited: 9 Oct 2011
  14. Happy Hippo

Happy Hippo Member

I would have:-

Common Hippo (My Favourites)
    Pygmy Hippos (My Favourites)
    Przewalski's Horses
    Plains Zebra
    Killer Whales
    Ocelots
    Bengal Tigers
    Dholes
    Scarlet Macaws
    Barn Owls
    Common Clownfish
    Seahorses
    Capybara
    African Wild Dogs
    Giraffes
    Amur Leopards
    Harp Seal
    Californian Sea Lions

15. ungulate nerd

ungulate nerd Well-Known Member

16. lumen

lumen New Member

My hubby [hadrada] has already done it..

MAMMALIA:

Western Lowland Gorilla [4.5]
    Black-Crested Gibbon [2.2]
    White-Headed Brown Lemur [3.2]
    Red-Ruffed Lemur [2.2]
    Gelada [2.6]
    Red-Capped Mangabey [1.1]
    De Brazza Guenon [1.3]
    Liontailed Macaque [2.5]
    Diana Monkey [2.4]
    Emperor Tamarin [1.4]
    Golden-Headed Lion Tamarin [2.3]
    Red-Handed Tamarin [2.2]
    Pied Tamarin [2.2]
    Pygmy Slow Loris [1.1]
    Indochinese Tiger [1.1]
    Clouded Leopard [0.1]
    Black-Footed Cat [1.0]
    Serval [1.1]
    Javan Banteng [1.2]
    Chapman's Zebra [1.3]
    Bontebok [1.1]
    Malayan Tapir [1.0]
    Lowland Anoa [1.0]
    Black Duiker [1.0]
    Jamaican Hutia [1.1]
    Black & Rufous Elephant Shrew [1.1]

REPS:

Phillipine Crocodile [1.1]
    Dwarf Caiman [2.0]
    Yellow Spotted River Turtle [2.2]
    Madagascan Flat-Tailed Tortoise [1.1]
    Jamaican Boa [1.1]
    Cuban Boa [1.2]
    Indian Rock Python [0.1]
    Panther Chameleon [1.1]

AMPS:

Golden Mantella <group> 7
    Panamanian Golden Frog <group> 11
    Green Tree Frog [1.1]
    Strawberry Poison Dart Frog [2.3]
    Red & Blue Poison Dart Frog [2.4]
    Yellow-Banded Poison Dart Frog [2.2]

AVES:

Chough [1.2]
    Andean Cock Of The Rock [1.1]
    Hyacinth Macaw [2.1]
    Temmink's Tragopan [2.1]
    Black-Casqued Hornbill [1.1]
    Mauritius Pink Pigeon [1.1]
    Victoria Crowned Pigeon [2.2]
    Mariana Fruit Dove [2.1]
    Golden Pheasant [3.4]
    Lady Amherst Pheasant 2.4]
    Golden Conure [1.3]
    Bali Mynah [4.2]
    Golden Breasted Starling [2.3]
    Oriental White-Eye [1.1]
    Madagascan Fody [2.3]
    Hooded Pitta [2.1]

OTHERS:

Partula Snail[Tohiveana] <group> 106

Last edited: 15 Nov 2011
  17. LizardInsanity

LizardInsanity Well-Known Member

If I had a zoo it would be some where warm (So.Cal or Florida) so that reptiles can stay outdoors year round. Reptiles would be a primary focus along with mammals, birds, and amphibians. Here's a little bit of the Oceania exhibit which includes wildlife from Fiji and New Zealand, New Guinea, New Caledonia, and Mainland Australia.

Oceania:
    When you first enter the Oceania section of the zoo, your greeted by a fairly large pond with a gentle waterfall flowing into it and cliffs on three sides. Inside this pond are Fly River Turtles, Australian Side Necked Turtles, Pink Bellied Side Neck Turtles, and Australian Rainbow Fish. Across the pond are standard wood and wire or wood and glass roofed exhibits for New Guineas array of reptiles. To keep the humidity up, Mist King systems are set to spray the cage every 4 hours. Species include Argus Monitors, Emerald Tree Monitors, Green Tree Pythons, Carpet Pythons, Frilled Lizards, Blue Tongued Skinks, and Red Eyed Crocodile Skinks. Close by is an exhibit for New Guinea Singing Dogs (1.2). Next is New Caledonia which includes a series of smaller exhibits built into a rock wall that includes New Caledonian Giant Geckos, Crested Geckos, and Gargoyle Geckos. Across the trail are aviaries for Kagu and New Caledonian Crows.[/B. Fiji and New Zealand is a small area and only has enclosures for Tuataras, Fijian Banded and Fijian Crested Iguanas however, the zoo is one of the top breeders of these rare species in the world. Next you get to the grand finally - Australia. You come out of the forest and into a large grassy paddock which you stand over on a board walk. On one side you can see Emus and on the other, Red Kangaroos, Grey Kangaroos, Wallaroos, and Parma Wallabys. Next you go into the main building. The first exhibit you see is for Koalas. Other exhibits include a 5,000 gallon reef tank, Saltwater Crocodiles, Kimberly Rock Monitors, Bearded Dragons, Australian Water Dragons, Shingle Back Skinks, Pygmy Blue Tongued Skinks, Inland Taipan, Eastern Brown Snakes, Diamond Python, Woma Python, Sugar Glider, Rock Wallaby, Short Beaked Echidna, Five Lined Palm Squirrel, Spectacled Flying-fox, White's Tree Frog and Cane Toads. All of them are in natural setups and some are free range. Free ranging birds include Crested Pigeon, Diamond Dove, Superb Fruit Dove, Tawny Frog Mouth, Laughing Kookabura, Black Backed Bittern, Australian King Parrot, Budgies, Cockatiels, Cockatoos, and Various Lorikeets which you can buy food to feed them while you walk around. Some animals like the kookaburras and frog mouths stay on perches most of the time but aren't otherwise confined.

Last edited: 30 Nov 2011
  18. Gforrestersmith

Here's an Idea for Another Zoo. The Exhibits are North America, South American Trail, Penguins of the South American Coast, African Plains, Chimps of the Rainforest, Gibbon Island, Trail of the Tiger, Wild Australia, and the Petting Zoo.

Exhibits and Animals:

North America:
    Elk
    Dall Sheep
    ProngHorn
    Caribou
    Cougar
    Bobcat
    Red Wolf
    Red Fox
    Swift Fox
    Fisher
    Pine Martin
    River Otter
    American Beaver
    Prairie Dog
    Nine Banded Armadillo
    SandHill Crane
    Whooping Crane
    Bald Eagle
    Golden Eagle
    Harris Hawk
    Red Tailed Hawk
    Peregrine Falcon
    Raven
    Wild Turkey
    Great Horned Owl
    Trumpeter Swan
    American Alligator
    Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake
    CottonMouth
    Corn Snake
    Alligator Snapping Turtle
    Painted Turtle
    Spotted Turtle
    Red Eared Slider
    BullFrog

South American Trail:
    Andean Bear
    Ocelot
    Maned Wolf
    Bush Dog
    Tayra
    White Nosed Coati
    Guanaco
    Southern Pudu
    Collared Peccary
    Capybara
    Nutria
    Brazillian Porcupine
    Agouti
    Giant Anteater
    Collared Anteater
    Two Toed Sloth
    White Faced Saki
    Squrriel Monkey
    Golden Lion Tamarin
    Cotton Top Tamarin
    Pygmy Marmoset
    Harpy Eagle
    King Vulture
    Carribbean Flamingo
    Scarlet Ibis
    White Ibis
    Roselate SpoonBill
    Green Winged Macaw
    Scarlet Macaw
    Hyancith Macaw
    Gold and Blue Macaw
    Amazon Parrot
    Keel Billed Toucan
    Toco Toucan
    Cuban Crocodile
    Green Iguana
    Yellow Footed Tortoise
    Red Footed Tortoise
    Green Anaconda
    Emerald Tree Boa
    Poison Dart Frog
    Amazon Milk Frog

Penguins of the South American Coast:
    Humboldt Penguin
    Inca Tern

African Plains:
    African Elephant
    Grevy's Zebra
    Rothschild Giraffe
    Greater Kudu
    Scimitar Horned Oryx
    Addax
    Dama Gazelle
    Gerenuk
    Cheetah
    African Wild Dog
    Striped Hyena
    Fennec Fox
    Yellow Mongoose
    Crested Porcupine
    Ostrich
    Marabou Stork
    Grey Crowned Crane
    Egyptian Goose
    Whistiling Duck
    Sacred Ibis
    African Gray Parrot
    Red Bellied HornBill
    Yellow Bellied HornBill
    African Spurred Tortoise
    Leopard Tortoise
    Nile Crocodile

Chimps of the Rainforest:
    Common Chimpanzee
    Colobus Monkey
    Patas Monkey
    Mandrill
    Red River Hog

Gibbon Island:
    White Handed Gibbon
    Siamang

Trail of the Tiger:
    Sumatran Tiger
    Amur Leopard
    Clouded Leopard
    Pallas Cat
    Dhole
    Red Panda
    Asian Small Clawed Otter
    Przewalski's Wild Horse
    Persian Onager
    Malayan Tapir
    Bactrian Camel
    Dromedary Camel
    Sichaun Takin
    Pe're David's Deer
    Axis Deer
    Asian Water Buffalo
    Lowland Anoa
    Chinese Goral
    Japanese Macaque
    Red Crowned Crane
    Demosile Crane
    Golden Pheasant
    Indian Peafowl
    Wrinkled HornBill
    Great Indian HornBill
    Bali Mynah
    Komodo Dragon
    Asian Water Monitor
    Burmese Python
    King Cobra
    Asian Vine Snake
    Burmese Mountain Tortoise

Wild Australia:
    Common Wombat
    Red Kangaroo
    Great Gray Kangaroo
    Parma Wallaby
    Tammar Wallaby
    Emu
    Cassowary
    Black Swan
    Kookaburra

Petting Zoo:
    Llama
    Alpaca
    Domestic Donkey
    Pygmy Goat
    Boer Goat
    Jacob Sheep
    SouthDown Sheep
    Pot Bellied Pig
    Domestic Rabbit
    Chinchilla
    Guinea Pig
    Domestic Chicken
    Domestic Duck
    Barn Owl

19. Gforrestersmith

Here is a Large Zoo I got an Idea for.

Exhibits and Animals:

Flamingo Pool: This Habitat is a Large Pool for a Large Flock of Carribbean Flamingoes.

Sea Lion Pool: Just a Habitat for Californian Sea Lions with UnderWater Viewing.

Great Ape Kingdom: This is where the Apes are there are Four Exhibits here: One for Western Lowland Gorillas, One for Common Chimpanzees, One for Bonobos, and One for Orangutans, Siamangs, and White Handed Gibbons.

Okapi Forest: The Main Attraction of this Exhibit is the Okapi who share there Exhibit with Bongo, Yellow Backed Duiker, Kori Bustard, Grey Crowned Crane, and Stanley Crane. There is also a Habitat for Mandrill, Colubus Monkey, DeBrazza's Monkey, Diana Monkey, Mona Monkey, and Red River Hog. Also there's a Habitat with Griffon Vultures and Marabou Storks with Fake Buffalo Bones. There is a Swamp Habitat with Red Flanked Duiker, Red Duiker, Lesser Flamingo, Sacred Ibis, African SpoonBill, West African Crowned Crane, White Faced Whistiling Duck, Egyptian Goose, Red Crested Turaco, Great Blue Turaco, HammerKop, and African Gray Parrot. There is the Lemur Island Habitat for Ring Tailed Lemur, Red Ruffed Lemur, Black and White Ruffed Lemur, Mongoose Lemur, and Radiated Tortoise. Finally there is a Building that is used as Shelter for the Okapis as well as Habitats for Nile Crocodile, West African Dwarf Crocodile, Nile Monitor, Madagascar Giant Day Gecko, Puff Adder, Gaboon Viper, King Cobra, Egyptian Cobra, Spitting Cobra, Tomato Frog, African Cichlids, and ElephantNosed Fish.

Arctic Tundra: This is Home to the Zoo's Polar Bears who have a Nice Natural Habitat and UnderWater Viewing. There is also a Habitat for Caribou and Musk Ox, a Habitat for Arctic Wolves, a Habitat for Harbor Seals and Arctic Foxes, a Habitat for Snowy Owls, a Habitat for Sea Otters and Finally an Exhibit for Walruses.

Penguin and Puffin House: The First Exhibits here are the Habitats for African Penguins, Humboldt Penguins, and Little Blue Penguins with Inca Terns living the Humboldt Penguins. Inside the Building is the Large Habitat with UnderWater Viewing and Fake Snow for King Penguins, Gentoo Penguins, Chinstrap Penguins, and RockHopper Penguins. There is another Habitat that is for Tufted Puffin, Horned Puffin, Common Murre, Pigeon Gulliemot, Rhinoceros Auket, Crested Auklet, and Black OsyterCatcher. Finally after leaving the Exhibit is a Habitat for the Penguin's Main Enemy- The Leopard Seal.

Dolphinarium: This is where the Atantic BottleNose Dolphins are and where there are Dolphin Shows take place, Leaving with them is the Short Finned Pilot Whale. There is also a Habitat for Beluga Whales and Gray Seals.

Land of the Meerkats: This is home to the African Kopje Building which home to the Namesake Meerkat as well as Three other Mongoose Species: Banded Mongoose, Yellow Mongoose, and Dwarf Mongoose. In Addition there are Black Footed Cat, Bat Eared Fox, Fennec Fox, Klipspringer, Kirk's Dik Dik, Aardvark, African Crested Porcupine, Rock Hyrax, Red Billed HornBill, Yellow Billed HornBill, Weaver Bird, and African Rock Python.

Cheetah and Snow Leopard Habitats: This is where the Zoo's Big Cats live, which are the Cheetahs and Snow Leopards. There are also Pallas Cat, African Wild Dog, Spotted Hyena, and Striped Hyena.

Temperate Woodland Trail: The First Habitat of this Exhibit seen is the Habitat for Japanese Macaques who also have a Lake and Hot Tub in their Habitat. Nearby are the Sloth Bear and Red Panda, They Begin the Indoor Exhibit for the Outdoor Habitats for Wild Canines: Mexican Wolf, Red Wolf, Maned Wolf, and Dhole; As well as Indoor Habitats for Various Other Mammals and Birds: Southern Pudu, North American River Otter, Canadian Lynx, Bobcat, Red Fox, Swift Fox, Wolverine, Fisher, Pine Martin, Common Raccoon, White Nosed Coati, American Beaver, Nutria, Prairie Dogs, Bald Eagle, Golden Eagle, Peregrine Falcon, Red Tailed Hawk, Harris Hawk, and Crested Caracara. There are also Little Habitats for Red Eared Slider, Painted Turtle, Spotted Turtle, Ornate Box Turtle, Gopher Snake, Tiger Salamander, and Marbled Salamander. Outside the Exhibit are Habitats for Whooping Crane, SandHill Crane, Wattled Crane, Demosile Crane, Red Crowned Crane, White Naped Crane, and Trumepeter Swan.

Asian Desert Habitats: This is Home to some of our Large Hoofstock Species; This is Home to the Przewalski's Wild Horse, Persian Onager, Somali Wild Ass, Bactrian Camel, Dromedary Camel, Addax, Scimitar Horned Oryx, Dama Gazelle, Pe're David's Deer, Aoudad Sheep, and Sichaun Takin.

RainForest House (Outdoor Habitats): This is Outside the Rainforest House. There are Habitats for Nilgai and BlackBuck, Capybara and Giant Anteater, Collared Peccary, Guanaco and Greater Rhea, Babirusa, Bush Dog, Asian Small Clawed Otter, Giant Otter, Clouded Leopard, Francois Langur, Javan Langur and Douc Langur, Red Kangaroo and Emu, Tammar Wallaby, Parma Wallaby, Cassowary, Komodo Dragon, American Alligator, Indian Gharial, and Cuban Crocodile.

RainForest House (Walk Through RainForest): This is where People can walk through an Actual Indoor RainForest with Free Roaming Animals; the Animals include Greater Mouse Deer, Golden Lion Tamarin, Golden Headed Lion Tamarin, Emperor Tamarin, Cotton Top Tamarin, Common Marmoset, Pygmy Marmoset, Tree Shrew, Two Toed Sloth, Collared Anteater, Three Banded Armadillo, Roselate SpoonBill, Scarlet Ibis, White Faced Ibis, Toco Toucan, Keel Billed Toucan, Gold and Blue Macaw, Military Macaw, Scarlet Macaw, Green Winged Macaw, Hyancith Macaw, Spix Macaw, Amazon Parrot, White Cockatoo, Galah, Red Fan Parrot, SunBittern, Plummed Whistiling Duck, White Faced Whistiling Duck, Indian Peafowl, Golden Pheasant, Wattled Jacana, African Jacana, Great Indian HornBill, Rhinoceros HornBill, Bali Mynah, Black Winged Stilt, Pied Avocet, Nicobar Pigeon, Green Iguana, Yellow Footed Tortoise, Red Footed Tortoise, Yellow Footed Tortoise, Indian Star Tortoise, and Leopard Tortoise.

RainForest House (Aquarium): This is where the Aquatic Animals of the RainForest House are. The First Creatures to see here are the Slender Loris and Asian Leaf Turtle. Next are Habitats for Cayman Island Blue Iguana, Black and White Tegu, and Green Tree Monitor. There is also a Habitat for the Dwarf Caiman and Neon Tetra as well as Habitats for the Following Species of Snakes- Green Anaconda, Burmese Python, Reticulated Python, Rainbow Boa, Emerald Tree Boa, Green Tree Python, Mangrove Snake, and Asian Vine Snake. The Giant Salamander lives here as well as Various Species of Frogs- Amazon Milk Frogs, Poison Dart Frogs, Red Eyed Tree Frogs, Mossy Frogs, and Tomato Frogs. The ArcherFish and Tiger Barb live in the Pool where the Burmese Python lives while the Four Eyed Fish lives in the Green Anaconda Habitat. There is also a Tank for Pig Nosed Turtle, Giant Gourami, and Asian Arowana. There are also Habitats for Alligator Snapping Turtle, Red Bellied Piranha, MudSkipper, Electric Eel, and Electric CatFish. There is a Large Swamp Tank for Alligator Gar, Spotted Gar, LongNose Gar, Blue CatFish, Channel CatFish, PaddleFish, White Sturgeon and LargeMouth Bass. Finally there is an Amazon River Tank for Arapaima, Silver Arowana, Pacu, Tiger Shovelnose CatFish, Red Tailed CatFish and FreshWater Stingray.

Monkey Island: This is near the Rainforest House and is home to Howler Monkey, Squrriel Monkey, White Faced Cauphin Monkey, and White Faced Saki Monkey.

Kiwi and Lorikeet House: This is home to Various Birds from Australia. Inside the Building is a Nocturnal Habitat for the Brown Kiwi as well as one for the Common Wombat and Tawny FrogMouth. Nearby is the Habitat for the Numbat. Also there is the Lorikeet Avairy where People can feed the Following Lory and Lorikeet Species: Rainbow Lorikeet, Green Naped Lorikeet, Ornate Lorikeet, Edward's Lorikeet, Black Winged Lory, Black Capped Lory, and Violet Necked Lorikeet.

Aquarium: There is where many Ocean Creatures at the Zoo live in this Building. There is the Touch Pool where People can Touch BonnetHead Shark, Leopard Shark, Bamboo Shark, Port Jackson Shark, Horn Shark, Swell Shark, Southern Stingray, CowNose Ray, Bat Ray, Blue Spotted Stingray, and HorseShoe Crab. There is also Habitat for RockFish and Kelp Bass as well as Habitats for StoneFish, LionFish, Wolf Eel, LongNose SeaHorse, PotBelly SeaHorse, Pygmy SeaHorse, Leafy SeaDragon, Weedy SeaDragon, Giant Pacific Octopus, Blue Ringed Octopus, Common CuttleFish, Chambered Nautlis, Giant Japanese Spider Crab, Blue Crab, Hermit Crab, Box Crab, Pacific Sea Neetle, Moon Jelly, Lion's Mane Jelly, and Spotted Lagoon JellyFish. There is also the Massive Coral Tank which is home to HumpHead Wrasse, PufferFish, ClownFish, Regal Tang, Yellow Tang, Convict Tang, Unicorn Tang, Moorish Idol, Mandarinfish, Royal Angelfish, Emperor Angelfish, Fourspot Butterflyfish, LongNose Butterflyfish, Powderblue Surgeonfish,Blue Tang Surgeonfish, Biocolor Anthias, Bartlett's Anthias, Scalefin Anthias, Squarespot Anthias, Clown Triggerfish, Rabbitfish, Hi Fin Snapper, Sailfin Tang, Cowfish, Boxfish, Parrotfish, LookDown, Bird Wrasse, Zebra Moray, and Garden Eel. There is the Sea Turtle Pool which is Home to Green Sea Turtles, LoggerHead Sea Turtles, and HawksBill Sea Turtles. And finally there is the Shark Kingdom Exhibit which is home to Various Species of Sharks- SandTiger Shark, SandBar Shark, Black Tip Reef Shark, White Tip Reef Shark, Nurse Shark, Lemon Shark, Great HammerHead Shark, Scalloped HammerHead Shark, Caribbean Reef Shark, Galapogoes Shark, Tassled Wobbegong, and Spotted Wobbegong. There are also other Animals in the Tank, Including BowMouth GuitarFish, Giant GuitarFish, Southern Stingray, CowNose Ray, Spotted Eagle Ray, Leopard Whipray, Blue Blotched FanTail Ray, Giant Grouper, Goliath Grouper, Potato Grouper, Crevelle Jack, Golden Trevally, Giant Trevally, BigEyed Trevally, Barracuda, LargeTooth SawFish, Green SawFish, Tarpon, PorkFish, Remora, Red Snapper, Crimson Snapper, Grey Snapper, Green Moray Eel, JackFish, LongFin BatFish, and Blue Striped Grunt.

Bison Plains: This is just a Random Exhibit which is Home to American Bison, ProngHorn Antelope, White Tailed Deer, and Wild Turkey. Nearby is an Exhibit for BigHorn Sheep and Dall Sheep.

Petting Zoo: This is great Place for the Kids where they can touch Domestic Donkeys, Miniturne Horses, Llamas, Alpacas, Jacob Sheep, SouthDown Sheep, African Pygmy Goats, Boer Goats, Pot Bellied Pigs, Domestic Rabbits, Chinchillas, Guinea Pigs, Domestic Chickens, and Domestic Ducks. There are also Habitats for Barn Owl and Corn Snake.

I hope you have enjoyed this Zoo Idea. Thanks for Reading

20. jusko88

jusko88 Well-Known Member

this is why i love zoochat.

From the Land Down Under: I would have a 4 acre yard for wallaroos,wallabies,kangroos. Have 3 1.2 acre yards for wombats,cassowary and Dingo. Then you enter a indoor building with half being aquatic and the other have nocturnal. Aquatic species list would include cuttlefish, Leafy and Weedy Seadragons,Dugong and The Greater Blue-ringed Octopus. Nocturnal exhibits which would include The famous Duck-billed Platypus which would have underwater viewing of this amazing lay egging mammal ,Bandicoot,Echidna and Sugar Gliders.

Kopje Africa!: My focus would be on the more smaller species of animals who hail from this region. I would have to small yards side by side with a caracal and a serval. next would be a big Kopje exhibit with Kilpspringers, Rock Hyraxes and White Bellied Go-Away-Bird. Then would be 3 exhibits with a Pangolin, Bushbabies and Sping Hares.

European Deer: Not much Deer species are in zoos today so i thought i figure i would put a exhibit of european deer. Species would range from the more common red deer, roe deer and fallow deer to the more endangered species like the Pere David's Deer. There's a walk thru path where you may feed and touch the deer at anytime.

Life on the North American Prairie: Which would be in a big dome building where lighting can happen anytime and twisters can form in a variety of shapes and size. Blue grama grass,buffalo grass, Milkweed,Purple Coneflower and stinging nettles are all throughout this massive exhibit enriching all of it. In this massive exhibit you will see prairie dogs, Black footed ferets, American Badgers, Bumble Bees and Greater Praire Chicken/ Sharp-tailed Grouse.

Arctic Circle: This 50 Million new exhibit just opened. This is the biggest attrction at the zoo. Its all tundra. I herd of musk ox roams in the field along with wolverines, Arctic foxes, snowy owls, arctic hares, arctic terns and caribou.
    Then you come across the polar bear exhibit. with 20 acres to roam in this large carnivore mammal has all day. with 3 sections of Grassy,rocky and watery areas. 100 ft long underwater tunnel where you can experience poalr bears swimming to your right,left and above. Half of the underwater tunnel is home to Pacific Walrus you too can see these massive pinnipeds swim above you. as you exit a small exhibit for collared lemming a small species of rodent that hails from the arctic.

Hope you enjoyed my zoo. thks matt