Join our zoo community

I'm back

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by Simon Hampel, 7 Feb 2005.

1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member

Sorry for the lack of posting in the last couple of months - I've just got back from 5 weeks in the US on a working holiday - attended a couple of seminars for work and spent the rest of the time holidaying with my wife.

We visited San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld San Diego, and San Diego Wild Animal Park, and I have heaps of photos. When I get a chance (and get over this flu that I've been suffering from for the last week or so), I'll upload some photos, and write some reviews of the zoos we visited.

2. Nigel

Nigel Well-Known Member

San Diego

It will be interesting to see how you view this zoo -- I have been there twice , but that was a while ago . That is one zoo that is steeper than Wellington and Taronga Zoos !! But the whole site was built up when I was there -- if there are any changes , they would have to demolish part of the existing structure .
    I assume that they still have the outdoor travellators , skyride and double decker busses to assist people in getting around the zoo ?

re Seaworld ; there are numerous "SeaWorlds" in the USA -- 2 that come to mind are in San Antonio TX , and one somewhere in Ohio . All of them make a big deal about the killer whale on display at each of their facilities , and the name of the star is Shamu in all of the Seaworlds . If you have been to one , you have basically been to them all ( only minor differences , and park layouts are unique to each facility )