Join our zoo community

Paradise Wildlife Park I'm going to the zoo, how about you ??

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by karenZOO, 8 Oct 2008.

1. karenZOO

karenZOO Well-Known Member

We are hoping to go to Paradise Wildlife Park at Broxbourne next Tuesday.

I have looked on here for any information/reviews and just found the one post about white lions!

I seem to remember they got some negative press a while ago for there tiger feeding experiences!

Has anyone been this year and would be kind enough to give me any information I would be very grateful :D

2. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

I have visited the place this year and its a good small collection with some un-usual animals within the park,as with most places it has its good points and bad points.

3. JamesB

JamesB Well-Known Member 15+ year member

have a nice visit, get some pictures of the lions please

4. bongorob

bongorob Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I went in 2005. It was quite a nice place then. They could have Owston's Palm Civets on show.

5. karenZOO

Thank you all for replying :D

I will take loads of photos and will make sure i get some of the lions (white or not :rolleyes:)

I had to google the Owston's Palm Civets and I will definately know what one is now if i see one :D amazing looking animal !

6. foz

foz Well-Known Member

i love owstons palm civet and have seen them before at newquay zoo

7. karenZOO

Aww its great to see different animals and learn something when you go to a zoo :D

8. karenZOO

Well we went last Tuesday for the day, my fellas birthday and had a lovely day!

The gardens/grounds are lovely and as its not a very big zoo its easy to get around and to keep re-visiting enclosures. The enclosures aren't that big but are well landscaped and plently of platforms in the big cat enclosures.

Brilliant raised walkways by thewhich were covered that really made you feel very close to the animals especially the lions were you felt like you were in with them! Only critisism of the walkways is the very steep steps as we are both having difficulties walking at the moment they seemed a little scary coming down!

Highlights - the big cats although seemed to get a little too close, I could reach across from the barrier at the white lions indoor section and touch them very easily if I had wanted to and also can touch the snow leopards through the mesh when on the walkway! All the cats seemed to be quite 'tame' with the public and happy to pose!

Saw my first racoon! :D The toucan house was great if not a little noisy. lovely baby tapir.

They will also email you a free ticket if you fill in the questionnaire on the ticket stub although i am still using kelloggs vouchers ;)

Disappointments - didnt see the beavers Bob & Mrs B, didnt see the armadillo and unfortunately didnt see any Owston's Palm Civets :( after all the build up! Nor was the crazy golf open! The lemur enclosures were very dark and gloomy and tiny but notice did say they were being redeveloped in 2008?9

All in all we had a good day out and certainly no longer 'the worst zoo in the country'!

Last edited: 21 Oct 2008