Join our zoo community

Chester Zoo I'm working at Chester Zoo over the summer!!!!!!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by elephant400, 10 Jul 2009.

1. elephant400

elephant400 Well-Known Member

Hi
    Just a short note to say that im working in one of chesters animal sections (not sure which section yet but i'm defirntly working on an animal section). I'll be happy to ask any other questions but most of the questions have already been answered by some other zoochatters post. It's just a short period in the summer. Thanx
    elephant400
    ;)

2. James27

James27 Well-Known Member

Cool, is it work experience or something?

3. CZJimmy

CZJimmy Well-Known Member

Telling the truth this time? ;)

I'm guessing you are doing the junior keeper for a day? If so, it's a good experience and I've done it 3 times.

4. James27

Below the belt, much? :p

5. CZJimmy

Sorry, it was intended to be light-hearted

6. elephant400

What do u mean "telling the truth this time", I've never lied on here!

7. James27

It's because you never replied to questions we asked about the animal escapes you claim to have seen at Blackpool and Chester.
    And Jimmy, I know that, my response was meant to be light-hearted too :)

8. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

What about the escaped Serval at Chester Zoo????????

9. elephant400

right, all that was my visit during the easter when the keepers searched the exhibit for something, then a few minuates later (I was sitting outside the ark cafe at the time) when a man in a fancy suit came passed and mentioned an animal escape, they also cornered the whole area off. After the chimp incident im surprised the zoo didn't do the same thing with the servals. Anyway, i just put 2 and 2 together and assumed the servals escaped and in the post i posted i was wondering if it was shot, captured or if any1 else had witnessed it. And it can't have been that bad if keepers were in there looking for it, just a quick question, Were the servals hand reared?????/. Now about the elephant escape at blackpool, I think it was two years ago and it was 4:00pm (can't remember the date) and i was on the way out of the zoo, when about 300yards in front of us an elephant bursts through the bush (the part where the bench is and i know this isn't clear but visit was my last visit there) It wasn't long before a dumper truck cam and pushed it through the bush, But i think the elephants get walked to the paddock on the other side, don't they). Anyway, if u zoochatters don't belive me i may as well quit!, as everything i've mentioned is true and u can email both zoos to ask them and i'll bet u that i'm right. And anyway im probably quitting as this site is not as it used to be.

10. CZJimmy

Regarding contacting the zoos, this was what was posted in the escapes thread.

so Zoogiraffe has spoken to people connected with the zoos in question and has recieved contradictoray information to what you have stated.

11. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

Its not a case of if we believe you if you can prove that my sources are wrong or lying to me then i will be the first to say sorry but particularly with the Chester 1 i doubt it,so as far as I`m concerned the balls in your court to prove my sources wrong,and at the moment i know which I trust.

12. gentle lemur

gentle lemur Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Congratulations! How did they find room for another elephant?

Alan

13. James27

You also said that you heard the Serval escape confirmed over walkie talkie before, you never mentioned that you just put 2 and 2 together.

14. Cat-Man

Cat-Man Well-Known Member 15+ year member

freakin hell, this isnt what this thread is about, Elephant400, im glad your working at the zoo and i for 1 am inrested, please, we can belive what we want but some peoples reactions to elephant400 were unesisary! Oh yes, and Please dont quit!

15. James27

Cat-man, when we get a reply then I'm sure most of us will apologise for doubting elephant400, however he/she has told stories which people would have heard about (especially the Blackpool elephant escape) and when asked about it he/she hasn't told us what happened. One massive detail also got changed when he/she told us the story behind Chester's supposed serval escape.

16. mark77

mark77 Well-Known Member

Ive worked in a few zoos where an animal of some sort or other would escape every few months. It would only be sometime later that staff would find out it was just emergency procedure training.

Any way have fun at Chester

17. Cat-Man

Cat-Man Well-Known Member 15+ year member

sos ash, i guess i just got overly angry at the offending (not always intentional) of ele

18. James27

That's ok, she still hasn't replied. I wonder if she left?

19. taun

taun Well-Known Member

She?????? :confused:

20. James27

I'm sure elephant400 was a she.