Join our zoo community

In Search of: Prehistoric Mammal Documentary

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Books about Zoos & Wildlife' started by Aardwolf, 16 May 2022.

1. Aardwolf

Aardwolf Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

This may be a stretch, but I was hoping for some help in finding the name of a prehistoric mammal documentary that I loved from when I was a kid, so no more recent than the early 1990s, more likely from the 1980s (so considerably predating "Walking with Prehistoric Beasts"). I remember getting it as a VHS tape from the library and watching it over and over again, but remember very little else about it - I remember Baluchitherium was featured in it. I visited La Brea Tar Pits for the first time last month, and ever since that, I can't stop trying to remember this documentary. Is this ringing any bells for anyone? I know it's not a lot to go off of, but I thought one of you might remember it - or even have it. Thanks!

2. CatDog

CatDog Member

Could it be this film?

Aardwolf likes this.
  3. Aardwolf

Aardwolf Well-Known Member

It is not, though this looks fun and I appreciate your sharing it!

CatDog likes this.
  4. Seraphita

Seraphita New Member

I registered because I am having the exact same problem (was obsessed with a prehistoric mammals documentary when I was a kid in the 90s, and am currently trying to track it down).

I'm pretty sure it was this:
    A promo for the very weird "Prehistoric World" - Bing video

Does anyone know where to find the complete video? Apparently Gary Owens and Eric Boardman used to sell it on their website, but it now seems defunct.