Join our zoo community

Delhi National Zoological Park Indian rhino at Delhi zoo

Discussion in 'India' started by kiang, 7 Apr 2009.

1. kiang

kiang Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Found this video uploaded today, showing an Indian rhino with calf at the Delhi zoo, not much Indian zoo news so thought it would be worth posting.

Last edited by a moderator: 6 Jul 2017
  2. jwer

jwer Well-Known Member 15+ year member

This is his third post, with each one making even less sense then the previous one...

I found the Delhi rather impressive for what I expected when I visited in 2009. Certainly, the rhino's where in an exhibit which was bigger and better then most I've seen.

Most impressive was the fact that there was NO food allowed (for humans) in the whole zoo and this was strictly enforced at the entrance. At first I found this rather annoying (I thought that the zoo was trying to increase it's income from selling it) but suddenly it hit me that the Indian people will NOT stop feeding the animals given halve a chance. So the Zoo decided not to give them halve a chance, and I haven't seen any feeding the whole day.

3. Kifaru Bwana

Kifaru Bwana Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Apart from the admittedly brilliant and rigorously enforced no feeding policy, I have my reservations as to the management of Indian rhinos at Delhi Zoo over the last term.