Join our zoo community

Information required please?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by AdrianW1963, 6 Apr 2019.

1. AdrianW1963

AdrianW1963 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I have a Saturday (13/04/2019) off next weekend and am looking for a captive collection to visit

Now then I have been to Chester Zoo, London Zoo. Dudley Zoo, Birmingham Nature Centre, All Things Wild, Hagley Falconry Centre, Birdland Park & Gardens & Cotswold Birds of Prey

My problem is I go by Public Transport from Birmingham New Street Station to really get anywhere in England.

I would love to visit one of the following collections so any information and reviews would be great.

Lotherton hall bird garden, Noah’s Ark collection, International bird of prey centre Newent, Hamerton Zoo or Hawk conservancy trust Andover

HCTrust I visited around 3 years ago so any updates would be great all of these trips are going to cost over £100.00’s so they’ll be one off visit.

Any help would be extremely welcome as some I have never visited before

2. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

Hamerton is easy enough to reach by public transport if you have a reasonable level of personal fitness, as the nearest bus stop is 3.5 miles from the zoo.... but it's a pleasant walk along quiet country lanes. I've posted on the matter previously.

Lotherton is also quite easy to reach by public transport; train to Leeds, then a bus from the city centre to Aberford, then a walk of about a mile to Lotherton Hall.

I've looked into visiting ICBP Newent by public transport before - not sure it is possible.

3. AdrianW1963

I have checked the great thread on how to reach each collection and am quite aware of the walks to some but it's information on the collections I am looking for if people could help.

I have quite a few small collections for the public transport thread I do wonder if I could post taxi numbers on here or put a link on the comment (I thought I better ask before posting) as some of the smaller rail stations have no taxi numbers or taxi ranks on the car parks.

4. TNT

TNT Well-Known Member 5+ year member

You can get the train from New street to Temple meads (Bristol), I'm pretty sure there are direct buses from there to a stop outside of Noah's Ark. :)

5. AdrianW1963

Well that's ICBP Newent off the list just received a message that they don't have Black Winged Kites, Martial Eagle or Black Goshawk but do have 3 Cape Griffon vultures could some one please update ZTL current species list please?