Join our zoo community

Introducing:.....

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Huib, 10 Sep 2004.

1. Huib

Huib Member

Hello all! I'm new here so i thought i'd introduce myself.
    I just stumbled accross this forum while looking for the homepages of zoos/wildlife parks in Australia. Why? Cos i am planning to build a career in Zookeeping (like so many others) :rolleyes: and so was looking for online resources to further that end. Unfortunately, of the dozen or so Sites i have been to, i have only found FOUR which actually advertise vacancies on their websites. :(

So far I have only visited a few zoos and wildlife parks in Vic. and Tas. (and Taronga once, yeeeeears ago) However, what with all the websites i now have bookmarked I thought i might do a website reveiw for yas.....
    If you think this is a good idea, just say so, and Ill get stuck right in...

Oh yeah, and any bird related discussions, expect me to put in my 2cents... :D

Well, that's enough of my babbling, let the welcoming commence!:

felis silvestris likes this.
  2. Nigel

Nigel Well-Known Member

NZ birds

If you want to know more about NZs motley group of unique birds , feel free to ask me . What I dont know , I will try to find out .
    [email protected]

3. Huib

Huib Member

thanks muchly. :)

you know, for a while there I thought this forum had suffered an extiction event... :rolleyes:

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

Sorry Huib... I've been travelling a lot for work of late - haven't had much chance to catch up with my forums.

Glad you joined us - I'm looking forward to your contribution here !