Join our zoo community

Is anyone else having this problem?

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by Smaggledagle, 28 Aug 2022.

Tags:
  1. Smaggledagle

Smaggledagle Well-Known Member

As some of you may know, I tend to post a lot in the United States section, posting news about zoos and such. I use Facebook and news articles for posting news and I have run into a bit of a problem that I don't know if it's just from me or someone else. I haven't had this problem before, its like ~ a week old.

It began around last week, when I tried to post Facebook videos into the thread, the link would show up on the page, even if I tried to link the site using the paperclip icon. In the weeks before, when I did that it would showcase the video title, but for some reason now it doesn't. But it's gotten worse, I can't even link Facebook posts either because for some reason the site takes way longer to load and just puts out the link URL and not the "log in or sign up" title.

So I am curious to know if I did something wrong or if the forums are being funky right now. I recently started going on the forum at work during breaks, which was around the time the problems arise, however, the problem persists even if I am at home.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

3. Simon Hampel

4. Simon Hampel

It could be that Facebook has changed things at their end which is breaking the forum's ability to render a nice link to the page.

Do you have any examples which aren't working the way you think they should?

Smaggledagle likes this.
  5. Smaggledagle

Yeah, for example in a thread I updated for, Ralph Mitchell Zoo, I tried posting a news item about a death of a deer but it didn't go through. The post above that should be what is supposed to happen.

Ralph Mitchell Zoo News [Ralph Mitchell Zoo]

Btw, this didn't happen suddenly. It was working fine for me when I posted the update thread in Northwest Trek Wildlife Park on Monday. Also, while I was at work I would have to disconnect from the wifi and turn it on again for it to work, however now even if I do that it still doesn't work.

6. Simon Hampel

7. Simon Hampel

8. Simon Hampel

9. Simon Hampel

10. Simon Hampel

I'm thinking it could have been a network issue at your end, or between you and Facebook - or a temporary outage at Facebook's end?

Difficult to tell - it generally seems to be working for me, so I'm not quite sure where the problem might be.

Smaggledagle likes this.
  11. Smaggledagle

It's weird because sometimes it works and then other times it doesn't work.

12. Smaggledagle

Sorry to reboot this thread but I do have another issue with Facebook links. Whenever I post a link from there now, it shows up as some kind of Asian language instead of "Log into Facebook". This doesn't effect videos, just the links to posts and photos.

EX:

登录或注册即可查看