Join our zoo community

IT 2017 & Parody Idea

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by Sarus Crane, 9 Sep 2017.

1. Sarus Crane

Sarus Crane Well-Known Member 5+ year member

So last night I saw the new IT remake and I thought it was very good! I really liked the storyflow and the characters. Beverly was my favorite of the losers although Pennywise was the reason I saw the film. Bill Skarsgard's performance as Pennywise was fantastic and had me at the edge of my seat whenever he was on screen. I liked it too how each of the kids were able to overcome all their fears and came together to temporarily defeat Pennywise (Part 2 comes next). My favorite part however was how the history of Derry was weaved into the movie with all the old buildings and small town atmosphere. I especially liked the library scene when Ben Hanscom went on a research rabbit hole and found himself face to face with the history of Derry itself (no spoilers here). Each member of the Loser's Club brought an interesting element to the movie like Eddie's hypochondria or Stanley's fear of the portrait. If you haven't seen IT, you're in for a surprise. It was such a great film that I didn't get any refills for my popcorn or soda!

Also, I was thinking of a pretty good version of an animal parody for the movie. You could have Pennywise as a flamingo (preferably a Caribbean Flamingo) and the kids could be various species of waterfowl (duck and geese). I think it'd be a cool idea because the flamingo could use its very long neck to strike from inside the sewer (only its head and neck coming out) and their yellow eyes can often be intimidating when viewed closeup.
    [​IMG]
    In this parody the flamingo's marginal hooks (see diagram below) could elongate when its on the attack like Pennywise and tongue spines could actually be firm teeth-like structures. When the flamingo consumes its prey its beak can stretch out of proportion to consume its victim.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Since flamingos can swim in deep water I think a flamingo would be a great substitute for a clown. for the bullies, I'd cast birds of prey: a vulture, hawk and an eagle. The eagle would be the lead bully and the others the followers. Other characters could be other birds. What do you think? Would you see this if they made an animal parody of IT?

natel12 likes this.