Join our zoo community

IZES 2023 Banham Zoo

Discussion in 'Events & Meetups' started by TNT, 14 Apr 2023.

1. TNT

TNT Well-Known Member 5+ year member

The IZES meet up/swap is just around the corner. See the Facebook post in the link below for more details... Log into Facebook | Facebook

Mo Hassan, pipaluk and Ned like this.
  2. Mo Hassan

Mo Hassan Well-Known Member Premium Member 5+ year member

Thanks @TNT for the heads-up, I joined IZES and am planning to attend my first meetup! I'm very excited to 1) see a new zoo that I've been meaning to visit for years, and 2) meet some Zoochatters in real life!

To that end, I'm travelling by public transport from London, something that takes a lot of energy out of me (although I get reenergised somewhat by the zoo visit itself). Is anybody going by car that could assist in a lift part of the way there? E.g. from Diss or Norwich or somewhere on the periphery of northeast London. If anybody can help, let me know :)

TNT likes this.
  3. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Arrangements for Saturday's meeting:
    The event will begin at 12 noon, in the Ocean Room of the Discovery Centre for conversation and education (not to be confused with the discovery theatre). This is in the middle of the zoo, just opposite the café/restaurant building. It will be possible to access the room prior to 12:00 and tables will be available for those wishing to display/swap zoo guidebooks, etc.

The zoo has been given the names of those who have indicated they’ll be attending. On arriving at the zoo entrance, give your name and (hopefully!) you will be provided with a name badge for the event. Tea & coffee will be available in the Ocean Room.

Mo Hassan and TNT like this.