Join our zoo community

IZES Spring Meeting

Discussion in 'Events & Meetups' started by MikeG, 10 Jan 2017.

1. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Saturday 18 March will be the date of the Spring meeting of the Independent Zoo Enthusiasts Society (IZES), with Ventura Wildlife's Zoological Gardens* as the venue.

The event will commence at 1pm. in the zoo's 'Explorers Lodge'. Those attending the meeting will have entrance to the zoo from 10.30am up until zoo closing time at 4.30pm.
    There will be a charge of £8.50 per person to cover zoo entry, hire of the lodge & other facilities.
    Please pay on the day, but expressions of intent to come would be welcome so that we have an idea of numbers.
    There will be an introduction from the zoo's director, Ashley Palmier, and an opportunity to display & exchange zoo guidebooks & other zoo-ephemera. We also hope to show at least 1 episode of the classic BBC TV series 'Great Zoos of the World'.

2017 is a big year for the IZES, as our magazine Zoo Grapevine now amalgamates with the long-running International Zoo News, to bring you combined zoo-goodness in one handy package!

*Ventura Wildlife’s Zoological Gardens, Van Hage Garden Centre, Great Amwell, Hertfordshire, SG12 9RP.

2. devilfish

devilfish Well-Known Member

I'm intending to come - I'll be looking into flights later in the week. :)

3. Newzooboy

Newzooboy Well-Known Member

Hi Mike

I'll be there.......

Cheers
    Dean

4. Nisha

Nisha Well-Known Member

Hoping to be there :) just trying to square it with work. Will update when I know for sure