Join our zoo community

Jimmy's Farm & Wildlife Park Jimmy's Farm and Wildlife Park 2023

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Jedd Cullinan, 4 Jan 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedd Cullinan

Jedd Cullinan Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Sad news came on Facebook and it's Lilly the Donkey

"
    The whole team here at JFWP, past and present, are deeply saddened to announce the passing of our beloved donkey Lilly. [​IMG]
    Lilly was part of a trio of donkeys we have here. She leaves behind her lifelong donkey friends Indie and Peggy.
    Lilly sadly suffered from colic and despite our ranger and vet team’s best care it proved fatal. We are devasted by her passing, especially the rangers who worked with her every day.
    Lilly loved going for walks to meet people and the other animals. She gave the best hugs and if you bent next to her she would rest her head on your back and give you her hoof to hold! She was fun, playful and her braying could be heard all over the park.
    Lilly you will always be in our hearts. [​IMG]" Condolences and thoughts are with everyone at Jimmy's Farm at this sad time.

Smaggledagle and Rajang-GOAT like this.
  2. Jedd Cullinan

Spoken to a colleague who works at Jimmy's Farm and she said It made Christmas Day very hard for everyone when it happened

BenFoxster and pipaluk like this.
  3. Smaggledagle

Smaggledagle Well-Known Member

On March 27th, the farm announced that they acquired a (1.0) Sudan-plated lizard named Barry which is now on exhibit in the Reptile House.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=597342832438084&set=a.556117409893960

On March 29th, the farm announced that a (1.0) Argentine black-and-white tegu named Terri passed away from natural causes.

Jimmy's Farm & Wildlife Park

Jedd Cullinan likes this.
  4. Smaggledagle

Jedd Cullinan and ifesbob like this.
  5. Smaggledagle

On April 6th, the zoo announced that they acquired (0.2) reindeer named Holly and Ivy from the Dudley Zoo & Castle in England which are now on exhibit.

On April 14th, the farm announced that a (0.0.1) Deven Closewool sheep was born.

Ewe complete me ❤️ This Deven Closewool ewe has just given birth to her lovely little lamb. Both ewe and lamb are doing well! We have two Lambing Live... | By Jimmy's Farm & Wildlife Park | Facebook

On May 4th, the zoo announced that (0.0.5+?) capybaras were born which are now on exhibit.

New Capybara Pups | We are so excited that our Capybara has delivered some beautiful pups to add to our growing family here at Jimmy's Farm & Wildlife Park! Why not stop by... | By Jimmy's Farm & Wildlife Park | Facebook

Kalaw likes this.
  6. Alwaysevergreen

Alwaysevergreen Well-Known Member

7. Jedd Cullinan

8. Alwaysevergreen

Alwaysevergreen Well-Known Member

It's probably not wise to speculate until they make official announcements.

9. mrcriss

mrcriss Well-Known Member

10. pipaluk

pipaluk Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Making use of the woods for wolves would make sense , I suggested that previously.....

Jedd Cullinan, Rajang-GOAT and Lafone like this.
  11. Gelada

Gelada Active Member

I only know about one of the new species they’re getting and it’s very exciting :D

12. Smaggledagle

On May 16th, the zoo announced that a (0.0.1) domestic reindeer named Oakley was born which is now on exhibit.

On June 13th, the farm announced that a (0.1) domestic cat named Casper passed away.

On June 13th, the zoo announced that they were burglarized on June 12th, with vehicles damaged and thousands of pounds worth of tools and diesel stolen.

BenFoxster likes this.
  13. DesertRhino150

DesertRhino150 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I went for a visit to Jimmy's Farm today - these are the things I noticed that I think may be of note:
    • For a start, the place has grown massively since my last visit - the Suffolk Savannah (with zebras and eland) and macaque enclosures are all on land that, on my previous visit, were just cattle fields. The Lost Lands of the Tundra section is at the end field, beyond the raccoon and coati complex and next to the train line.
    • All the free-flying birds in the Reptile House have been removed (budgies, canaries, cockatiels, crested pigeons, emerald doves, red turtle doves, red-crested turaco, Bengalese finch, speckled mousebird and zebra finch), as there was an incident where a stoat got inside the house.
    • The mandarin ducks that I believe were in the Reptile House are now in the outside aviary with the kookaburra and red-breasted geese.
    • The butterfly house has had much of the walk-through area replaced with an indoor enclosure for the lemurs. Next to this, located inside the tropical house, is a little aviary for a mix of Madagascar partridge and red fody.
    • Butterfly splitfins have arrived and replaced the guppies in the Morelet's crocodile enclosure.
    • With the African spurred tortoises now mixed with the meerkats outside, the reptile house has the following enclosures: Common musk turtle (in entrance section), royal python, Sudan plated lizard, red-footed tortoise, mixed Morelet's crocodile and butterfly splitfin, mixed African train millipede and sun beetle, common boa, green iguana and Argentine black-and-white tegu.

14. pipaluk

Reading a thread from another zoo that acquired a new species, I think it is highly probable what one of the 4 new species in the tundra area will be!

15. Rajang-GOAT

Rajang-GOAT Well-Known Member

I have interpreted from comments on this thread and the other one you mention and come to the same conclusion!

TriUK and pipaluk like this.
  16. Embu#2

Embu#2 Well-Known Member

It'd be amazing if the new species(if I've guessed correctly) were to be rescue animals

Rajang-GOAT and pipaluk like this.
  17. pipaluk

Suspect you have guessed correctly!

BenFoxster likes this.
  18. Willem123

Willem123 Well-Known Member

Are you referring to peak getting the polar bears?

19. pipaluk

That is for you to decide. Until the new species are in place, anything is possible. I think what.is likely to arrive in coming months will move Jimmy's farm to a different level though!

Rajang-GOAT likes this.
  20. Nathano

Nathano Well-Known Member 10+ year member

If it is one of the Peak polar bears, I assume it is going to be either of the male cubs - given they're approaching the age where they'd be moving on... (I would also assume the plan would be to get a female at some point).

As for the other species, I was initially going to think small and say Arctic fox and Arctic hare - however, given the 24 acres, part of me suspects a pinniped of some sort, aside from the wolf and possible polar bear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.