Join our zoo community

June Photo Showcasing

Discussion in 'Animal Photography' started by Julio C Castro, 2 Jun 2020.

1. Julio C Castro

Julio C Castro Well-Known Member Premium Member

https://www.zoochat.com/community/media/albums/june-photo-showcasing.32/

Happy June everybody, hope everyone is safe and sound. I know a majority of us haven’t been able to go to a zoo or aquarium due to the quarantine. Hopefully next month things will be opening up again :) Here are the guidelines:

1. 4 entries per month.
    2. They can upload photos that can be found in the regular gallery if they’d like to.
    3. Photos don’t have to necessarily have to be from the month aforementioned in the title although it can take some time to develop photos.
    4. It must be photos we consider our best work meaning not blurry or potentially boring such as an animal butt as said before.
    5. To have the photos be of different subjects per month although they can be of the same subject the following month as long as all the entries for the month aren’t of the same one. Example such as 4 entries of the same big cat or pachyderm won’t be taken into consideration but you can enter the same photo of the big cat or pachyderm the following month along with 3 other different subjects.
    6. Photos aren’t strictly limited to zoological gardens. They can be from sanctuaries, aquariums, nature reserves.
    7. Do try your best to add where they were taken either in the description or by adding tags.

I’ve been going through my backlog of photos and found some that came out well luckily. Being that we are halfway through the year, I began thinking about us having some fun by nominating photos that we love by fellow zoochatters who have posted to the monthly albums. I want to create an end of the year thread showcasing our favorites taken by others and saying why we love that picture. Let me know what you all think! Be safe and healthy everybody :)

2. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Really glad you started this album project. It has been (and continues to be) fun.

3. Julio C Castro

Thank you, it has only blossomed because of so many awesome entries from the likes of yourself and many others! :)

Arizona Docent likes this.
  4. ZooBinh

ZooBinh Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Just a side note, for future threads, you may want to add 2020 to the month so you don't run into problems next year ;)

5. Julio C Castro

That’s a good idea, I think I’ll add it starting next year though since it’s the first year we do this and that will help keep things streamlined :)

Arizona Docent and ZooBinh like this.
  6. RetiredToTheZoo

RetiredToTheZoo Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I second this.

7. amur leopard

amur leopard Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Thank you for starting this! It is really nice to see a selection of people's best photos because some are from quite some time ago and may not have been posted/appreciated before. It was a great idea, and I hope you carry on with it. :)

8. Julio C Castro

@RetiredToTheZoo @amur leopard thank you both! I will continue to do so and some of you may be able to get some good pics again now that some zoos are opening up already starting this coming week, I gotta wait for the Cali zoos and aquariums to open up again since I can’t be gone from my job for too long :( haha Be safe out there and I’m glad we’ve got a tight knit group of us to enjoy our best works! :)

Last edited: 8 Jun 2020
  9. KevinB

KevinB Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Am I allowed to re-upload photos I have previously uploaded to the normal galleries to this photo showcasing? Or am I misunderstanding how this works?

Julio C Castro likes this.
  10. Julio C Castro

You may! It’s just us sharing our best works to be appreciated on the threads so by all means :)