Join our zoo community

Bronx Zoo Jungleworld Bronx Zoo

Discussion in 'United States' started by aw101, 24 Mar 2008.

1. lowland anoa

lowland anoa Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I heard that JungleWorld closed for a brief period.

2. bigfoot410

bigfoot410 Well-Known Member

Jungle world never closed during the recession. And gharials lived in Jungle World in the final room for almost 20 years so I was always interested to hear that there was such issues with them. I am not sure if the false gharial pair would have any issue with the Painted storks and several other waterfowl and other bird species that live in the final exhibit. There are also various turtle and fish species in the series of ponds too.
    I do think it would be great for the false gharials to be in a larger exhibit with underwater viewing. Also would make sense with the gharial fossil skull in the wall alongside the riverbank.
    And I agree that the cuban crocodiles would then have more space in the center exhibit in the World of Reptiles and maybe a small croc species (west african dwarf croc, dwarf caimain, Philippine croc) could go in the smaller exhibit.

What I still want to see is the black leopards elsewhere in the zoo and for either rusty spotted, leopard (which have done well in the zoo) or fishing cats in their exhibit.

3. savethelephant

savethelephant Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Well bigfoot410 I agree with you completely.:D
    Oh and by the way when I said painted storks and the false gharials live close together, I meant geographically in the wild:)