Join our zoo community

Jurassic World - Evolution

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by JVM, 21 Aug 2017.

1. JVM

JVM Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Loxodonta Cobra and zooboy28 like this.
  2. Dormitator

Dormitator Well-Known Member 5+ year member

The hype is real. Should be an interesting 12 months for dinosaur park building sims!

3. Buldeo

Buldeo Well-Known Member

I'll be picking this up.

But is it weird that my first thought was: I wonder how comprehensive their AD&D plan is?

4. Batto

Batto Well-Known Member 10+ year member

So Operation Genesis 2.0.?

5. Dormitator

That's the hope! As long as they don't introduce micro-transactions, crate unlocks, premium currency or dinosaur battle arenas we should be fine....

6. Buldeo

Buldeo Well-Known Member

Yeah, that certainly is the hope. I have a fondness for building sims, and I do hope they keep all those "features" Dormitator suggested out of thegame.

7. Loxodonta Cobra

Loxodonta Cobra Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I thought that i’d bring this thread back since there is only five weeks left until the game is released (June 12). All I can say from watching gameplay footage is wow, this game looks awesome. It’s the sequel to JPOG in every way shape for form. For anyone waiting it’s release or wanting to learn more about it, the company that created the game, Frontier Developments, has teased a new dinosaur that’s to be featured in the game almost every week since January 19th in the form of a “species profile”. There are 42 dinosaurs confirmed in the game without exclusives, and the ones that have been confirmed though these profiles are triceratops, dilophosaurus, velociraptor, edmontosaurus, gallimimus, ankylosaurus, stegosaurus, apatosaurus, kentrosaurus, pachycephalosaurus, parasaurolophus, brachiosaurus, chasmosaurus, metriacanthosaurus, tsintaosaurus, ceratosaurus, and the most recent as of this comment, spinosaurus. And based on the dig sites listed on the game and it’s wiki, possible species to also be featured include turanoceratops, giganotosaurus, utahrator, ouranosaurus, torosaurus, iguanadon, tarbosaurus, miragaia, and muttaburrasaurus. You can follow these releases and see the footage of the species mentioned above that have already been released here:Jurassic World Evolution

8. TheGerenuk

TheGerenuk Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I have also seen what the game looks like, and, like @Loxodonta Cobra said, it looks amazing. I really hope to get a copy of the game since I am also a fan of the movie series as well.

9. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member 5+ year member

The Jurassic world evolution game has added new updates and dlc content over the years.
    Content updates
    -herding behavior
    -large dinosaurs, a danger to jeeps
    -fish feeding stations for the spinosaur family
    -gates for the gyrospheres between exhibits
    -restrooms
    -create sand, dirt, and rock floors
    Packs
    -Cretaceous Pack: adds Dreadnoughtus, Iguanodon, and Carcharodontosaurus
    -Carnivore Pack: adds Proceratosaurus, Acrocanthosaurus, and Herrerasaurus
    -Herbivore Pack: adds Nigersaurus, Dryosaurus, and Homalocephale
    -Nasutoceratops added based on Battle at Big Rock
    DLC
    -Secrets of Dr. Wu: Adds two new secret locations, gene modifications and five new dinosaurs(three hybrids), Troodon, Olorititan, Ankylodocus, Stegoceratops, and Spinoraptor
    -Clairie’s Sanctuary: Rescue the dinosaurs from the erupting Mount Sibo, a greenhouse for paleo feeding stations for herbivores and three new dinosaurs, Ouranosaurus, Albertosaurus, and Euoplocephalus
    -Return to Jurassic Park: Restore Jurassic park, original trio who will help you, dinosaur designs based on their incarnations from the original trilogy, 1993, 1997, and 2001 era theme buildings and decorations, and adds Compsognathus and Pteranodons.
    They have plans for new content to come:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/gamerant.com/jurassic-world-evolution-frontier-developing-content/amp/

10. Dormitator

Personally I'd be very surprised if they are aiming to release new content for the game, seeing as the last lot was released over a year ago after a very regular release schedule of new dinosaurs and story-based DLC. The smart money is on a sequel, I believe there is very good evidence for this from other sources.

11. TheGerenuk

TheGerenuk Well-Known Member 5+ year member

A sequel has been announced! Jurassic World Evolution 2 is going to be released later this year!

12. Ztlabraptor211

Ztlabraptor211 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what to think about that. From the video/screenshots, it seems pretty much like the same game but with different biome maps available, and obviously better graphics. It seems like an update to the old game would've been more fitting rather than basically releasing an unfinished game at full price, and then the more improved/polished version of that same game at full price again

13. Thomas

The roster would have 75 including flying reptiles like pteranodons (Jurassic World Version) and marine reptiles including the long awaited Mosasaurus.
    As of now, only 2 new species are confirmed for the game, the long spike neck armargasaurus and another Triassic dinosaur, Coelophysis.
    Based on their Frontier’s work on Planet zoo, the dinosaur would have new behavior animations like fighting dominance and interacting with their environment.
    There will be modes like sandbox, challenge, campaign which would take place outside the muertes archipelago and on the mainland and the events take place after fallen kingdom and Jeff Goldblum and Bryce Dallas Howard would reprise their voices to help guide the players, and a new mode called “Chaos Theory” based on the return to Jurassic park DLC, this what if scenarios puts players in key moments in the Jurassic park and Jurassic world films.

14. Thomas

15. ChIkEn NuGrEt

ChIkEn NuGrEt Well-Known Member

I’m currently contemplating wether to get Evolution 2 or Prehistoric Kingdom, I guess I’ll have to wait for the gameplay trailer.