Join our zoo community

Jurassic world fallen kingdom

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by Canihelpyou?, 18 Jun 2018.

1. Canihelpyou?

Canihelpyou? Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Im going to see jurassic world fallen kingdom today. So has anyone seen it? And was it any good?

2. Sarus Crane

Sarus Crane Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I loved it! I feel like its a much better version of the Lost World and that the way it was set up in two halves really made it a good movie. I wanted to give the Indo-Raptor an award because it was such an awesome villain! The way it acted, I could almost see it give an evil laugh! I thought and was hoping that Maisie would get to have a closeup meet & greet with Blue at the end since she liked her a lot. It would've been nice if Blue stayed with Owen and the gang but I guess we'll have to see if they meetup again in the next movie.

I liked how Eli Mills met his end. we now know that there won't be anymore Indominus hybrids anymore and Dr. Wu will have to look elsewhere to make them. I know that movies especially more family friendly PG-13's like to be accessible to more people but I was hoping to see a little gore but it had none. Maisie was an awesome character and reminded me of the two kids in the first film. There were A LOT of easter eggs and nods to the other Jurassic movies hidden in this film. I liked how Bayona used Frankenstein as a model for the movie and the relevance to the idea of cloning and advanced reproduction techniques. It made me think of San Diego and how they're trying to recreate the northern White Rhino which I think is a total waste at this time. San Diego Zoo Global should be funneling that money to Indonesia where its more desperately needed.

Lockwood's character is a unique twist to the franchise and I really liked the design of Lockwood Manor, especially the museum inside. I liked how the Triceratops skull played a central role in the second half of the movie. and for final thoughts...... GO BLUE!!!!!!!

3. Mr. Zootycoon

Mr. Zootycoon Well-Known Member 5+ year member

It was better than I expected, but then again I went with very low expectations. Some scenes were good, especially the ones where Owen interacted with Blue or other dinosaurs. The humour was great at times, and Lockwood and Malcom were very good additions to the story. The "people-running-away-from-dinosaurs" concept was as good as always (so either good or bad depending on what you think of the other movies). Personal highlight was a Stygimoloch with more character than most humans.

The Indoraptor however... was not that great. It felt like a hybrid between a semi-magical film monster and a dilophosaurus spitting out references instead of venom. I didn't like it for the very same reason why @Sarus Crane liked it. It was not a rampaging dinosaur anymore, it was film villain, even more so than the Indominus.

If you are a real JP/JW fan, you definately should watch it. You'll enjoy the good old dinosaur chases and the tons of references. If you're not, than it is an excellent choice to kill some time on a boring afternoon. It is a good film, but a must see it is not.

One more complain about JW in general. They actually admit that the dinosaurs are genetically modified. There's no excuse not to go crazy with fascinating and innovative dinosaurus designs. Where are the colours? The feathers? Anything? Fallen kingdom does it better than the original Jurassic World (see the blue-ish Allosaurus and the Carnotaurus), but it could have done so much better.

4. Hipporex

Hipporex Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I know the last comment on this thread was three months ago but I'd just like to that I really enjoyed the movie. I'd list the reasons why but they're all pretty much the same reasons that @Sarus Crane said he liked it. @Canihelpyou? Did you end up liking the movie after you saw it?