Join our zoo community

Jurassic world

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by Bib Fortuna, 14 Jul 2014.

1. Bib Fortuna

Bib Fortuna Well-Known Member

How you can discuss the plot of a Jurassic Park Movie ? It is a movie of the kind"Turn off your brain"and enjoy-"Jurassic Worlds" job is to entertain, and it fullfills it in the best way it can be done-best JP-Movie ever!

2. TheMightyOrca

TheMightyOrca Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I'm never gonna turn off my brain, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the movie. I wouldn't call it a great film, from a quality standpoint, it's just average, but it's DEFINITELY enjoyable.

3. Panthera1981

Panthera1981 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Is it just me or did anyone else find some of the CGI "flabby," especially the T-Rex? It's a shame they couldn't have used more animatronics like they used on the dying Apatosaurus.

And mispronouncing Archaeonithomimus? Try Opisthocoelicaudia-that one had me stumped for years!

4. tschandler71

tschandler71 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Ole Rexy put on a few pounds in her old age.

Birdsage likes this.
  5. TheMightyOrca

I think they did alter the model and movement of the T-rex to reflect her age. I might see the movie again pretty soon, so I'll pay attention for that.

I do agree, it would've been nice if they used more animatronics. I definitely noticed scenes where animatronics could've been used in place of CGI without much problem. CGI often works better when it's used alongside practical effects. When a film does that, your mind doesn't really have much time to recognize when the CGI is CGI.

I did enjoy the film, but I do wish it did something new. Seeing a functioning dinosaur park was cool, but that's about it.

Birdsage likes this.
  6. tschandler71

It was essentially a soft reboot - a homage to the original that sets up a new status quo. All the Masrani viral websites and dialogue in the film point to one scenario - military dinosaur applications.

7. Panthera1981

Panthera1981 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Difficult to know where they'll take the inevitable sequel without going into the realms of stupidity. Personally, I'd like to see the return of Lewis Dodson. However, after exiting the movie, the setup made me think of "Dino-Riders." Anyone remember them?

8. Coelacanth18

Coelacanth18 Well-Known Member Premium Member 5+ year member

InGen Security was ready to haul all of those frozen embryos back to the mainland in the company's interest. If they were successful in getting those embryos off-site, they have the resources to try and start over. But there may be people who want to stop them... or people who want the embryos for their own uses.

On the other hand, if the embryos didn't make it off the island, InGen is probably going to be wanting those back. Hard to do that without sending someone back to the island to retrieve them... assuming they are still viable by that point, though.

I think it's likely that the inevitable sequel will take one of these two routes. On the other hand, they could just recreate Jurassic Park III by having two people crash-land on the dinosaur-infested island, after parasailing in the area for no reason at all, and have one of the characters from an earlier film come rescue them, for no reason at all.

9. zooboy28

zooboy28 Well-Known Member

I think Chris Pratt has signed on for future movies, so if someone's going to be rescuing embryos or stranded parasailors, I assume it'll be him.

10. ThylacineAlive

ThylacineAlive Well-Known Member 10+ year member

He probably has but that doesn't necessarily mean much since, whenever a studio thinks they can go into a future franchise with a film, they always sign the actions to multiple film deals. Whether or not they actually call them in for the future movies is a different question, though.

~Thylo:cool:

11. TheMightyOrca

There were scrapped plans for a fourth Jurassic Park movie that involved human-dinosaur hybrids being created by the military. Like, there are these giant humanoid dinosaurs that can fire weapons. You can find the concept art online, it looks really dumb. (I wonder if the hybrids would've been capable of speech?) I doubt this series will go that far, but I imagine they'll keep pushing the genetic engineering thing. Hopefully no humanoid dinos, but possibly dinos/reptiles engineered to be more easily trained and controlled. Like a mosasaurus attacking enemy submarines, or pterosaurs with cameras attached being used as drones, ha ha. Jurassic Park played up the idea of other companies getting ahold of the technology to create dinos, and I always thought it would be cool if the series went somewhere with that.

12. CGSwans

CGSwans Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Jurassic World is on track to become only the third film ever to gross $2b at the box office. They'll be calling Mr Pratt in.

13. ThylacineAlive

Oh I agree and would be surprised if they didn't, but I was just explaining how just because he was signed, doesn't mean he'll be used.

Personally, if they're going to make further films, I'd like to see some cameos from some of the original cast. A book by Malcolm was "easter-egged" in the movie but I'd love to see the return of the Goldblum:p Also, what ever happened to Hammond's grandkids?

Though tbh, I'd prefer if they just put the series to rest unless they're going to at least attempt to recreate the magic of the first film and be conservative with all their dino-CGI and bring back the robosaurs!

14. ThylacineAlive

I heard a rumor that Pratt's character, Owen, is suppose to be that kid from the first movie who Dr. Grant terrorized with the raptor claw all grown up!

Probably just some internet generated nonsense but it'd be really cool if that were true.

15. tschandler71

The only problem with that is I doubt that kid grew up to work with Marine Dolphins (which is what Owen likely did in the Navy). Unless of course Owen was a member of Seal Team 6 like Pratt was in Zero Dark Thirty.

16. TheMightyOrca

17. TheMightyOrca

I'm a sucker for good animatronics. JW had a lot of scenes where animatronics could've been substituted without problem.

I'm wondering what the inevitable sequel is gonna do. I was kind of disappointed that JW didn't have more carnage. I mean, it was cool to see a working dinosaur park with big crowds and people, but they didn't do much with that outside of the pterosaur scene.

Side note, I was at the movie theater to see Inside Out and I played a claw machine that had JW toys. I got an Indominus rex plushie and it's adorable. <3

18. zooboy28

zooboy28 Well-Known Member

JW2 Confirmed

A sequel to Jurassic World 2 has been confirmed, with a planned relaese in June 2018.

Story here: Jurassic World sequel set for June 2018, with Chris Pratt returning | Stuff.co.nz

19. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

it is so weird, I have yet to meet someone who thought the movie was any good. My own opinion, and that of people I know, is that the first half was really good - a proper Jurassic Park movie - but the second half just kept getting sillier and sillier, and the ending was flat-out ridiculous.

20. jbnbsn99

jbnbsn99 Well-Known Member

I know one person who thinks it the most brilliant film ever.

I saw it and find it complete and utter crap. Dinosaurs aside, the story telling elements are about as good as the writing of some of my junior high students (actually, they could write a better story than that).