Join our zoo community

Kansas City Zoo Kansas City Penguin Cam question

Discussion in 'United States' started by Noelle, 14 Aug 2022.

1. Noelle

Noelle New Member

Hello!

My husband and I have been watching the penguins every day since May. We love watching them and have gotten particularly attached to an elderly (chinstrap?) Penguin and would love to know more about him/her.

We can pick him out by his bent over posture and adorable little awkward clockwork walk.

We noticed in May he was picked up and put to bed at night. And was picked up and brought to the rocks to be fed with the macaronis and chinstraps.

Now he spends the night with the rest and has started hopping up the steps on his own to be fed! We cheer every time. He stomps around on the snow and only swims when he gets knocked into the water.

We would LOVE to know more about him! We're in Austin, tx, and not sure when we would be able to come to KC to ask in person at the zoo.

I've asked on Facebook but people seem really busy over there. Everyone seems to be really informed here.

Thanks so much!

Noelle and Cody

StoppableSan and TinoPup like this.
  2. TinoPup

TinoPup Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Hopefully someone here can answer your questions!

Noelle likes this.
  3. Noelle

Noelle New Member

Should I email the zoo? I wonder if they would get back to me. I have a friend visiting KC next month and she's going to try visiting the zoo to ask someone for me.

4. Nix

Nix Well-Known Member

Emailing the zoo could work! I've found that calling a zoo is the fastest way to get an answer though. :)