Join our zoo community

Knowsley Safari Park Knowsley Safari Park review

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Zooreviewsuk, 15 Nov 2018.

1. Zooreviewsuk

Zooreviewsuk Well-Known Member

Pootle said every Safari park should have pot holes and it makes it more fun.

I replied with nothing fun about pot holes if you have low profile tyres (which I do). Absolutely wrecked one of my wheels there last winter, cost me 3 figures to sort.

I am not saying it should be clean tarmac, but on a non busy day you can zig zag around them, but on a busy day you can't avoid them a lot of time.

No issues with a dirt track, would still be better than a road full of potholes. However after heavy rain on a dirt track, there will be a lot of people needing to be towed away !

2. Ned

Ned Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Okay, I get it, just me being slow.

3. Pootle

Pootle Well-Known Member

The Fun :D bit, was just a tongue in cheek comment rounding off my post. However if a pot hole incident at the Park did cost you £100 plus to fix then I too would have been irked certainly reported it. However for 'proper' car damage its the Baboons you have to watch out for :p :mad: :D

@pipaluk - Nice to hear about an Emu still around.

If forgot to mention one species I really liked at Knowsley from the past and that was a collection of jungle fowl. These where located where the European Bison are living now. There where four or five cockerels and each had a harem of four or five hens, lovely birds Sadly I heard foxes got them.

If you are a daily paying customer (ie not a season ticket holder), I really recommend at least 2 or 3 laps of any Safari Park, as you can see so much more one time to the next.

NigeW likes this.