Join our zoo community

Port Lympne Wild Animal Park Kouillous gorilla group at Port Lyme update!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by The Hedgehog, 24 Sep 2017.

1. The Hedgehog

The Hedgehog Well-Known Member

Can someone please update me on all the news to do with Port Lymnes Koullous group news. Are his eyes better or worse.Has Virgika caused and fights as I believe she was a troublemaker at her previous zoo. Have any members died. Are any births known of or has there or is there any arrivals or departures planned? Basically anything Kouillou group related post it here?

2. FBBird

FBBird Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Why not just ask Port Lympne?

zoogiraffe likes this.
  3. The Hedgehog

Because I would like to know sooner. I also don't want to send Port Lympne an ema

4. The Hedgehog

My question can be answered on zoochat wo why would I ask Port Lympne,a question that fellow Zoochatters could answer!

5. Yassa

Yassa Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Your questions are very specific. If you read the threads about Port Lympne and Howletts, you`ll see that there are NOT a lot of locals/regular visitors of those zoos who post here (that`s very different for Chester zoo!). And to answer all your questions, you need not just a regular visitor, but one who knows the individual gorillas very well. Such a person may not post here at all or not regularly. So no, those are not easy questions.

By the way, you come along as a bit rude and very demanding. Why should someone from zoochat take a lot of time to answer your many questions, when you could easily find the answers yourself? Because you can`t bother composing a message to the zoo or doing some research by yourself? Sorry, that`s not a very good reason. Gorilla and elephant births and transfers for example are usually announced by the zoos and discussed here, so you can answer a lot of your questions yourself by reading the older posts and checking the zoos homepage/facebook.

6. Shorts

Shorts Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Good points, very well made though I suspect you'll be ignored (your're not the first to say this to "the prickly one").

Sometimes it seems "newbies" seem to be becoming like political leaders -the new ones make you yearn for the previous ones which, in retrospect, weren't as bad as you may have thought (I'm thinking UK/US there).:)

ZooBinh, pipaluk, jde7582 and 7 others like this.