Join our zoo community

Lake District Wildlife Park Lake District Wildlife Park News

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Zooreviewsuk, 8 Nov 2018 at 2:50 PM.

1. Zooreviewsuk

Zooreviewsuk Well-Known Member

I'm going here tomorrow for a VIP experience with Tapir, Meerkats and Otters.

Not seen it mentioned on here but the Zoo now has a breeding pair of Scottish Wildcats on show.

migdog likes this.
  2. Pertinax

Pertinax Well-Known Member

Could you look and see how many Black wildebeest they have currently?( and sexes, any calves etc)

Last edited: 8 Nov 2018 at 5:40 PM
  3. Zooreviewsuk

Of course I will. There used to be two, One boy and one girl and you could say the boy was a bit special ! but I'll update after tomorrow.

Pertinax likes this.
  4. Quincey

Quincey Well-Known Member

They 1.1.1 Black wildebeest when I visited in September.

Pertinax likes this.
  5. Zooreviewsuk

Can confirm there is 3 Black Wilderbeast, Brian the dopey male, the female and the male calve who is about 5 months old.

Sadly both the baby Zebra who were born last November died shortly afterwards. I hadn't seen this reported anywhere.

Scottish Wildcat are two female, only Indoor exhibit is complete, work has started on outdoor exhibit.

Great Grey Owl's have left the collection.

One of the Mountain Cattle has died, and the remaining female is now off show.

Wild Boar are in their former exhibit, and in the Wild Boar exhibit is A mother and her 9!!! Tamworth Piglets

Hornbill has joined collection but currently off show. A very beautiful Durango Mountain Pine Snake is currently off show, but I got to see it today, an absolutely beautiful snake.

The park and neighbouring hall plan to create a Deer Park over the next couple of years on the adjacent land, which will be managed by the Zoo and are considering using one of the Large paddocks behind the woodland for European Bison at some stage in the future.

The Capuchin's have new indoor housing which has public viewing.

The only exhibit currently being worked on is the Scottish Wildcat, and then it will be the Deer Park, with the potential for Bison over the next 2/3 years.

Kifaru Bwana likes this.