Join our zoo community

Leopard Gecko!!

Discussion in 'Private Collections & Pets' started by Zoogoer2000, 10 Jul 2008.

1. Zoogoer2000

Zoogoer2000 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone.I just recently got a terrarium and supplies for a leopard gecko!!The tank is a ten gallon high although i wish it was longer.It has a small log hide,a piece of mopani wood (really cool!),a thinner log that is also mopani wood,another small but wider log that a beaver chewed the tip off,a little totem pole (for decoration and shedding),a large Exo-Terra water dish made from resin,very,very,very,very fine sand on the bottom (don't start about impaction!),a styrofoam "rock" background with three fake plants..a rock ledge for basking and vertical space.a platic moist hide.a food bowl,a calcium bowl,a uv light and a heating pad.Allthis is very nice and i can't wait to get my gecko.Does anyone else have one or a different species (crested,gargoyle,ocelot?)

2. Quartz92

Quartz92 Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I habve had one for a year and a half now, just be prepared to feed him crickets, it looked like you have everything. I would recommend that you get a piece of wood that reaches to the light sorce. I also recommend that you get a second light lamp(heat lamp), for a day times light (its not needed but it provides heat 24/7). I alternate my 2 lights, day in the day, and inferred in the night. Other than that your set! Have fun! and they take a while to get used to lol!

3. Zoogoer2000

Zoogoer2000 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestion.Im actually feeding mealworms but i may try crickets.I've heard they can be problematic

4. MARK

MARK Well-Known Member

Crickets and cockroaches (woodies) would be a much better food item than mealworms, a few mealworms are ok but not to much of them.

I have quite a few Exo terra Terrariums and have found them really good for the job, plus they are now bringing out bigger sizes :)

5. Quartz92

Quartz92 Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Yea, Mark is right, they say to use crickets, mostly with meal worms, wax worms, silk worms, and theres a few other, although I have never herd of cockroches before?

6. jackyboy

jackyboy Member

yepp sounds like yyuh have everything

the impction poliece annoy me to lol

7. jackyboy

jackyboy Member

i have got leopard geckos crested geckos berdies nd 5 snakes