Join our zoo community

ZSL London Zoo London Zoo Illustrated: A Silkscreen map of London Zoo

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by ryanrobinson, 22 Jun 2013.

1. ryanrobinson

ryanrobinson New Member

Hello!

Thought I would just post a message about a new print I have just completed for ZSL London Zoo. Information about it is below. Nine months ago I started drawing London Zoo. Starting with the gorillas and a few spectators, this rapidly became, what is now, an accurate detailed map of the zoo. When you look closely you’ll be able to see every animal you can find there. Each one of the hundreds of individually drawn people is different to the next, each with their own personality. As you can imagine after months and months of drawing and studying, I now know the zoo like the back of my hand!

The zoo have recently mentioned the map in their latest mailout, as well as adding the project to their ZSL Artists in Focus page.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More information:

London Zoo Illustrated is a limited first edition (exclusive to 250 copies) silkscreen print using oil-based inks onto 280gsm recycled paper. The prints measure 514 x 580mm and look perfect mounted to fit a standard 70x70cm frame. Each print comes signed, numbered and embossed with the ZSL London Zoo logo.

25% of the sale of each print will be donated to the Zoological Society of London (ZSL). ZSL is made up of a unique combination of scientific research, worldwide conservation and outstanding educational facilities at ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo. ZSL’s mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats.

The Zoological Society of London (ZSL) is a Registered Charity in England and Wales No. 208728

For more information and pictures, please follow this link:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/154384567/london-zoo-illustrated-a-silkscreen

Thanks everyone!

Ryan

2. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

that is very cool. Well done.

3. volvox

volvox Well-Known Member

That's astonishing, what a labour of love! And hoorah for artistic licence, I say. I'm sure many visitors will be thrilled that you have provided the zoo with a couple of what look like little tour buses... if only! I'd like to see the real thing – will there be one on display in the zoo?

4. ryanrobinson

ryanrobinson New Member

Sorry for the delay Volvox. I am currently working on getting one displayed at the zoo. At the moment there seems to be problems getting in touch with the retail department!