Join our zoo community

Long threads

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Simon Hampel, 8 Mar 2006.

1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

Hi all,

Just a suggestion - we seem to be starting to get some very long discussion threads now - which is great, but it can make it difficult to keep track of the discussion when there are so many pages to wade through ... and many of the threads get way off topic !

Can I make a suggestion - create new threads for new discussion topics ... makes things easier to manage - and much easier to track down a discussion on a particular topic in the future.

But keep up the great work - some very interesting discussions happening !

Don't forget to tell all your friends about the site too - the more members we get, the better the discussions will be.

2. Nigel

Nigel Well-Known Member

I agree with you Sim , and I admit that I have been guilty myself on a couple of times of going off on another tangent ....

Perhaps you could cut the thread off at the point where it goes off tangent , restart the new tangent on a new thread , and put in a little comment that this is a continuation of ..... old thread name ..... but with a new subject ...?

and could it not be too much to ask for people who want to write something in the forums , if they could write at least one sentence ? Rather than just
    "cool " , " "agree" ,....or similar stuff ...? Why do you think it is cool ?

However , I am not trying to be critical . We have a very interesting group of
    participants -- Nigel , Jai , Patrick , Zooboy , Zoo Ambassador , and others that have put in interesting comments ( I know there are others , but their names currently elude me ) I have certainly learnt alot of stuff about zoos , conservation , etc , and it is certainly great to have a forum where zoo issues are discussed , and no other guff is put in .

3. patrick

patrick Well-Known Member

cool, i agree.

4. patrick

patrick Well-Known Member

alright, but seriously, i agree with you nigel, lets keep stuff on topic and skip the cool's, agree's and other short sentances that generally mean very little.

but the thing that gets me - and i know we do it a little bit and i'm not going to mention any names, but please, SPELLING PEOPLE!!!!!!

have a look over your message before you post it! or sim will have to give us a spell check. grammar and spelling, grammar and spelling, grammar and spelling....

Last edited: 13 Mar 2006