Join our zoo community

Longleat Safari & Adventure Park Longleat Safari Park News 2022

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Jedd Cullinan, 17 Jan 2022.

1. Rajang-GOAT

Rajang-GOAT Well-Known Member

I partly agree with you on this, but if I remember correctly Evindi was featured quite a bit in the summer, though maybe his death/decline in health was not showed, though thinking about it now he might have died after the series had finished being broadcasted on TV. Anyway it was in the Summer, so isn't as relevant now anyway.

I think it's an understandable worry that many people will have of the show beginning to ignore and disregard animal deaths and transfers out of the collection, but I agree with @Sand Cat that with a programme like Animal Park they will probably want to keep it quite positive, especially with the jolly atmosphere as it is a Christmas series.

I think at least some of the Wolves' tragedy was featured in the summer, so I doubt it will be covered in any Christmas episodes this year. And as for the Red Pandas, it seemed like there was a bit of foreshadowing in the coverage of them, I believe it was mentioned that mum originally struggled a bit to feed the cubs, so I could see it leading into a mention of their death, although I understand they might not have had time or been able to put it in an episode, as the series is already on BBC iPlayer (I am waiting and watching the episodes when they are on BBC One, but all 5 episodes are available to watch on the iPlayer), so have probably been prepared for a while.

2. Kates89

Kates89 Well-Known Member

Whats everyone's opinion on the red pandas? Seen so many upsetting comments from people blaming the keepers. You can tell from just watching the keepers (especially Sam) would have done anything for them.

Charles likes this.
  3. Embu

Embu Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I think it's a disgrace for any outsider to start pointing the finger. From what I understand the keepers didn't interfere with mum and sadly she didn't look after them. The keepers will be heartbroken as it is without idiots pointing the finger

Charles and Rajang-GOAT like this.
  4. Kates89

Exactly, you can tell every single keeper loves their animals.
    Theyre also the experts on the animals, so theyd have done all they could within reason.

Does anyone know if Maizie's joey is still okay? I thought they have made an official announcement by now

Embu and Charles like this.
  5. cerperal

cerperal Well-Known Member

I've lurked here for a while but I just had to make an account to reply.

I visited Longleat last Sunday, fantastic day in all respects. Was hoping to see the joey, and Maizie seemed rather fidgety earlier in the day but no appearance. Headed back during the lights to find the koala hall packed and the joey having a proper little climb around! According to the keeper it was the first time it had been fully out and it seems to be in very good health. So good news, agreed it's a tad odd they haven't announced it yet but they must know what they're doing.

Megan Jones, Azubaa, JamesB and 3 others like this.
  6. Kates89

Ah thats brilliant thank you. Were up the first week of January so Ill definitly be spending alot of time in the koala house hoping to spot the little Joey

cerperal likes this.
  7. Alwaysevergreen

Alwaysevergreen Well-Known Member

Lovely news, it's confirmed and mentioned on episode 5 of Animal Park at Xmas, and shows its little head.

Kates89, cerperal and adamntitch like this.
  8. Kates89

Merry Christmas. I got another koala experiance for Christmas. That'll be 2 in one year .
    Really hoping to be able to feed Hazel