Join our zoo community

Lost all my Zoo Photos.

Discussion in 'Animal Photography' started by Beastking04, 3 Nov 2017.

1. Beastking04

Beastking04 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I had about 25 GB of photos I've taken from 2013 - 2016. A lot of them being zoo photos.

In September, My Hard Drive corrupted and I lost all of them. We took it to Kroll Ontrack and they couldn't recover anything.

A lot of the photos were zoo related stuff I was going to post on this site.

Can anyone here give me some consolidation and help me move on?

2. littleRedPanda

littleRedPanda Well-Known Member

I can only suggest how excited you must be about getting your 'first' photo of each species, again :(

I realised a few weeks ago that i'd deleted a folder containing my clearest set of a young Lion cub from 2 years ago and that really annoys me, so I can't imagine how bad you feel. Still, it's not the end of the world and you'll get more opportunities I'm sure.

3. Ned

Ned Well-Known Member 10+ year member

It does seem far easier to lose digital photos than old fashioned prints and it can be heart breaking when it happens. On the bright side you should now have learned the lesson, back everything up so in the future if you have photographs of even greater importance and sentimental value you won't lose them. Better to learn now than later.

4. gentle lemur

gentle lemur Well-Known Member 15+ year member

There is no real consolation that anyone can give you. Back up and then back up your back ups. For the photos that mean most to you, copy them onto DVDs and keep copies in different locations (in case your home burns down) and consider cloud storage too, some network providers allow you some free space nowadays.