Join our zoo community

Bronx Zoo Madagascar-Bronx Zoo

Discussion in 'United States' started by aw101, 27 Jul 2008.

1. aw101

aw101 Well-Known Member

Surely someone here must live in or close to NYC! Can someone please post a review or photos from the brand new exhibit?

2. snowleopard

snowleopard Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

See my brief review in the thread "Snowleopard's epic road trip". I praised the new set of habitats, which are quite unique and have fantastic signage. Eventually I'll get around to uploading some photos, but for now I have many, many more zoos to visit.

3. LIECOBOY

LIECOBOY Member

The exhibit overall is quite fantastic. The visitor area is small for the visitor numbers the Bronx Zoo receives but because the zoo could not alter the overall structure of the old lion house it is the best that once could expect. Not only can one see four species of lemur, fossa, 100,000 hissing cockroaches and tortoises but one learns alot about the island of Madagascar and the conservation work done there by the WCS with a brilliant interface of several media including films and graphics. The greatest part is seeing visitors startled by and completely enthused with the red ruffed lemurs and the vocalizations they make.