Join our zoo community

Making documentaries

Discussion in 'Animal Photography' started by DegusInAfrica, 1 Nov 2014.

1. DegusInAfrica

DegusInAfrica New Member

Hi everyone,

Just created this account got several topics I just want to ask about. Basically I often go to Africa and get involved in wildlife conservation activities. Friends and family are forever asking me what I get up to so I decided to started making videos and publish them on YouTube, but I just want to know what is kind of the best format for filming yourself?
    I have 2 camcorders (not the best) and I have also just got 2 new gopro's so hopefully this will make things a lot more easy. I kind of want to be presenting what I'm doing but obviously its not the easiest thing turning a camera onto yourself, so I started whacking the camera down on a tripod, however the issue with that is I often move out of the shot. Any way if anyone has any tips or idea I would be most thankful.

If anyone is interested in seeing some video I have put up just check out my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFAA8-CEMJZ-_tvCa67M9sQ

Only a few videos and not that great but like I say I had been facing some filming issues, but returning at the beginning of 2015, so hopefully can make some proper ones.

Thanks guys and gals

2. LaughingDove

LaughingDove Well-Known Member

Welcome DegusInAfrica. I can't help with filming advice I'm afraid but those videos aren't bad at all. It sounds like great work that you are doing, where in Africa do you go?

:)