Join our zoo community

Man saving his dog vs Kangoroo

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by Newsody 1, 7 Dec 2016.

?

What do you think about the situation ?

1. It's okay to do so

57.1%
  2. he doesn't have the right to punch the kangoroo

42.9%
  3. He had to let the nature dealing with situation.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Newsody 1

Newsody 1 Member

Hello everybody,

Last days i saw a video showing the man who punched a Kangoroo to save his dog .
    So He punched an animal to save another animal .

Here is the video .

I read also an article saying that the zoo is going to defend the man .
    Zoo defends employee who punched kangaroo to save his dog

What do you think about the situation ?

Is it okay or he shouldn't have punched the kangaroo? Or let the nature do its work.

Cheers!

2. Coelacanth18

Coelacanth18 Well-Known Member Premium Member 5+ year member

He clearly punched the kangaroo after it let go of the dog... making it completely unnecessary. Fortunately the kangaroo just looked stunned, and mercifully hopped away instead of kicking the crap out of him.

3. Ned

Ned Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Your survey should have a fourth option of "the man should have had his dogs undercontrol and the situation wouldn't have arisen",

Newsody 1 likes this.
  4. Newsody 1

Newsody 1 Member

yeah! The kangaroo can beat him easily if he got mad i think , this is maybe also might explain the situation of the man , he punched to not be punched maybe ?

But anyways we see the dog was left away after the man's intervention

5. Newsody 1

Newsody 1 Member

I think i cannot now , but it's a primordial choice as well !! I heard that the dogs hunts with that man ... but i don't know , i counldn't get the right info !

6. Hix

Hix Wildlife Enthusiast and Lover of Islands 15+ year member Premium Member

There's a lot of discussion about this down here, it's in the news and the clip is doing the rounds of social media. My view is that the roo had let the dog go, there was a second's standoff before throwing the punch when Tonkins could have backed away instead. Had the kangaroo attacked him, then fair enough. But in my opinion he had the opportunity to back away, but he attacked the animal instead.

In a statement released by the zoo (excerpts of which is repeated in the above article), the zoo states it does not condone the activity Tonkins was engaged in, it does not condone the striking of the animal, and that they will "continue to work with Mr Tonkins on his conduct in regards to this incident."

They're 'defence' is merely that they will not terminate his employment because of this incident, and that he "has always followed Taronga’s best practice approach to animal care and welfare."

:p

Hix

7. Newsody 1

Newsody 1 Member

The situation is quite awkward , but as u said the roo stoped and also let the dog "out" :D
    It's a human being error as we make in our lives !

8. pachyderm pro

pachyderm pro Well-Known Member 5+ year member

When I first saw this on the news I thought the man was just a dumb human being who wanted to pick a fight with a animal to look cool. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

My opinion is the man was defending his dog and did the right thing (yet I cant help but agree with coelcanth about how it was kind of pointless sense it let the dog go) To be fair if you where getting attacked by a shark would have to punch it to get away if you wanted to see another day.:p:p

Newsody 1 likes this.