Join our zoo community

Maned Wolves and Bottlenose Dolphins enemies?

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by Gforrestersmith, 26 Dec 2011.

1. Gforrestersmith

Gforrestersmith Well-Known Member

As with the Somali Wild Ass and Gibbons; I just wonder is there a Zoo with Maned Wolves (Chrysocyon brachyurus) and Bottlenose Dolphins (Tursiops truncatus)? I don't think People like them being in the Same Zoo together.

There are Three Questions:
    1. Is there a Zoo with Maned Wolves and Bottlenose Dolphins?
    2. Do you think both Animals are Unique?
    3. If you build a Zoo, would you add both Animals to it?

2. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

Well here's my answer's

1) Got to be one some where try doing a search and find it yourself instead of bothering everyone else with yet another,pointless combination of animals asking does any zoo keep them all.

2) Yes all animals are unique even annoying Troll's

3) I've lost the will to comment any further as with some people it just goes in one ear and comes straight out of the other!

Last edited: 26 Dec 2011
  3. mazfc

mazfc Well-Known Member

Of course they're enemies, everyone knows this. It is only the the Treaty of Seaworld Forest that stops the world plunging into a repeat of the Hairy DolPhin battles of the early 1950s...

...more eggnog anyone? :p

4. Toddy

Toddy Well-Known Member

That is true but with the recent reports of maned wolves pooping in both the Atlantic and Pacific ocean in provocation I wouldn't be surprised if this conflict doesn't fire up again soon.

5. siamang27

siamang27 Well-Known Member

Although even if they are still enemies, they should do just fine in the same zoo as long as they are separated and not too close to each other. Putting them near to each other would just cause another battle.

6. DavidBrown

DavidBrown Well-Known Member 15+ year member

One thing that makes them put aside their enmity is their common battle to stomp out internet trolls.

7. dublinlion

dublinlion Well-Known Member 10+ year member

lol.

although the original poster is obviously a wind up merchant, the replys are so funny/indignant and inventive that i look forward to clicking in every time he posts.

8. chrisbarela

chrisbarela Well-Known Member

Maned Wolves and Bottlenosed Dolphins. While they will attack each other on sight in the wild, if raised as pups together they are perfectly fine in captivity.

9. mazfc

mazfc Well-Known Member

This is very difficult to do though chris, the puddle to tree ratio has to be very accurately calculated, otherwise it's mayhem all the way!

10. chrisbarela

chrisbarela Well-Known Member

It does take a lot of work and a lot of sleepless nights and a lot of blood loss but in the end, when you see how close these two species can become, against all odds... it's worth it.