Join our zoo community

Manor House Wildlife Park

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by Nanook, 5 Dec 2008.

1. Nanook

Nanook Well-Known Member

Hi all , does anyone know when Manor House Wildlife Park started? Has Clive Williams always been its owner until recently and can anyone tell me which species of Baboon they kept aswell as how long the two chimps were there for and where did they go and when?? Many thanks , Zupu.

2. Pertinax

Pertinax Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Look in the UK section- there's a very informative history by Bele posted there recently under 'T.V. programme, Manor House Zoo'.

3. Nanook

Nanook Well-Known Member

Hi Pertinax , many thanks for your help. Zupu.

4. Bele

Bele Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Zupu - I believe Clive Williams was the owner until his death a few years ago . Of the chimps Winnie went to Penscynor a long time ago , to be replaced by the siamangs . When Penscynor closed Winnie went to Cefn-yr-Erw , she was no longer listed when I visited this year so could have died . I assume the other old chimp at Manor House died there .

5. Nanook

Nanook Well-Known Member

Manor House

Thank you for that info Bele , very interesting , I thought that the siamangs had the old chimp enclosure. I recall seeing this on an old episode of one of Anneka Rices Challenge programmes years ago. Anyway , my other question was do you know which species of Baboon were kept in an enclosure near to the squirrel monkeys one?? Regards , Zupu.

6. Bele

Bele Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Hamadryas baboons - see posting in UK Section .

7. Nanook

Nanook Well-Known Member

Bele , many thanks for your help with my questions much appreciated. Cheers , Zupu.