Join our zoo community

Marwell Wildlife Marwell Zoo News 2015

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Charliemarwell, 4 Jan 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. banham.tiger

banham.tiger Well-Known Member

Maybe a new house would be better because I believe its quite old and the gates are starting to rust.

2. banham.tiger

The zoo has said on its website that £1 million pounds would help build a new tiger enclosure so I thought that maybe it was worth considering for the master plan.

If they do get a new enclosure then I hope there current one will be refurbished for lions perhaps?

3. pipaluk

pipaluk Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Put some new Gates on then? Or paint the old ones! Doesn't cost £1m, nothing surprises me with Marwell any more though! No doubt the current enclosure will be smashed down & turned into a picnic area, playground or a dinosaur area! The idea of putting another species in there ( like Chester have with theirs) would be totally alien to Marwell!

4. banham.tiger

I went to marwell earlier this year and was surprised with so many empty and plain paddocks. The place has the potential for elephants, Lions, Gorillas, Polar bears etc. However I don't think the master plan will have a lot to do with animals. If I am honest I think that after the tropical house we will see new restaurants, play areas and possibly a new entrance.

5. pipaluk

pipaluk Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I agree about the potential! That's why I despair at the so called ' masterplan'! Whoever is driving the place needs breathalising!!

6. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Silvery marmoset born at Marwell :).

7. okapis

okapis Well-Known Member 5+ year member

A pair of Roti Island snake necked turtles have arrived they will go in the old Crocodile area when it is redone next year in the tropical house,a female Gila monster has left for Bristol Zoo,and a female Gentle Lemur has arrived.

8. Quincey

Quincey Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Pygmy Hippo Gloria has left the collection to join male Otto at RZSS Edinburgh Zoo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.