Join our zoo community

Members Day.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Beth0482, 23 Jan 2014.

Tags:
  1. Beth0482

Beth0482 Member

Hi everyone,
    I've been mooching around these boards for a while, i did ask a question about the Komodo Dragons, but i have not introduced myself... so Hello!

Anyway my other/better half bought me a years membership at Chester zoo,
    and in the information pack there is a sheet about members days.

are they generally busy and what normally happens if you please?

i have looked on the website but i wasn't sure if this was an exclusive day in the zoo, or if the public are also allowed to visit during these days.

thank you for your patience and any replies :)

2. kaytronika

kaytronika Well-Known Member 10+ year member

They can get a bit busy, but still acceptable in my opinion. Not quite so busy as adopters days.. We usually try to get to at least one a year for our free monorail ride and coffee. Plus some of the talks on members day are, I believe, different/more indepth than those that run on a regular day.

With exception of your free drink and monorail voucher, a timetable of talks and a 'I'm here for members day' sticker, the day is otherwise largely the same as any other.

Public are allowed access to the zoo, so it isn't just members only.

3. bongorob

bongorob Well-Known Member 15+ year member

what have you adopted?

Some keepers talks are very busy, others have a handful of people.

4. Beth0482

Beth0482 Member

Thanks for the advice. My other half bought me a years membership for Chester, which we visit whenever we can. It makes it even more worthwhile as a good friend of mine has been accepted (last September) onto the years internship on the Rhino section, so its nice meet up and have a chat since i live a distance away.
    I haven't adopted anything... yet... haha!
    I absolutely love a good walk round there, and I am really looking forwards to meeting the keepers, and to meeting likewise zoo enthusiasts.
    -Beth-