Join our zoo community

Twycross Zoo Mistakes at Twycross

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Jane Doe, 19 Jun 2014.

1. spike241

spike241 Well-Known Member

Ah, sorry Johnny.
    I didn't check the names and thought you were the same poster as #11 :)

2. SHAVINGTONZOO

SHAVINGTONZOO Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I approve of the changed title of this thread. Discussing the strengths and weaknesses of a collection is one of the reasons this site exists - turning it into a personal dig at named individuals is a different matter.

And to repeat a question I've raised before, what is the organisational structure of Twycross these days? Society, company, co-operative ....... ?

3. Animal Friendly

Animal Friendly Well-Known Member

Absolutely, I also prefer to tell people to their face rather than behind their back, and if they don't like it they can lump it. Regarding this Trip Advisor, I never knew of its existence before I heard about it on here, years ago, if people had a complaint they would have complained in person at the time, or later wrote a letter and posted it, perhaps today it is too easy just to tap a few complaints in on a keyboard, but that is, unfortunately the era we now live in, like it or not.

4. labrat

labrat Member

i dont post much anymore but i will now

yes some things are worrying

but other things are encouraging

i have complained about twycross and some of their practices in the past (and got 6 months extra on annual passes because of it)

i think that the current managment are making the most of what they have been left

by the looks of my last visit there is something being built on the site of the old tropical house

enclosures have been improved

yes there is still issues (and btw i enjoyed the chippy first couple of times its gone downhill since then)

i will say i will be worried if the "every other day" cleaning is true, in my view animals should be treated as other races of humans, especial ones that can be considered sapient on their own

however i understand the zoo has had money issues and will put up with this to see what develops

i wish twycross good luck in the future and they have my very best wishes in their outcomes