Join our zoo community

Mixed Exhibits for each continent

Discussion in 'Fantasy Zoos' started by CrashMegaraptor, 25 Sep 2020.

1. CrashMegaraptor

CrashMegaraptor Well-Known Member

Imagine the scenario - you've been given the chance to design and create six zoo exhibits. There are two major stipulations....

1. Each exhibit must have multiple species in it, the more the better.
    2. Each exhibit must represent one continent - North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Oceania

If you were in that scenario, what would you create? It can be based on any exhibits you've seen, it can be completely original...it just needs to be at least semi-realistic (so no obvious predator-prey pairings).

If you really want a challenge, feel free to do a seventh exhibit for Antarctica.

2. MizzB

MizzB Well-Known Member

Here
    1 out of 2

When you walk in you see the North America habitat, it has white-tail deer, Prairie Dogs, and Elk, the White-tail deer and elk have a large plains with some trees to hide in, prairie dogs have tunnels to hide in, there is a small hut to learn about the animals, then you go on your way finding restaurants and learning centers. The next habitat is South American, the animals there are capybara, sloths,Tapir and common iguanas, the iguanas have a small hut only the iguanas can get into, capybara and tapir share a hut together, sloths just stay in the trees, a small hut to learn about the animals, now your going to the Europe habitat.
    Now I’m going to work on part 2

3. MizzB

MizzB Well-Known Member

2 out of 4

when you get to the Europe habitat you see European Hares, European green lizards, and European Bison. The bison have a small barn to sleep in and the lizards have a few small huts in the ground, and the European hares have holes in the gounds to sleep in too, the lizards have a small house for them people can see inside the house, inside the house is a light.

I think I’m going to do three or four parts

4. Zooguy32

Zooguy32 Member

this looks fun, i’ll try

5. Zooguy32

Zooguy32 Member

Heres my mixed exhibit concept for north america:

Animals in Exhibit: American Bison, Pronghorn, American Elk, American Bighorn Sheep

Description: The Exhibit is 3 - 5 Acres large, the area is a grassland/plains habitat with a rocky mountain area for the bighorn sheep

edit: this is still part 1

Last edited: 17 Oct 2020 at 3:20 PM