Join our zoo community

mixing big cats with each other!!

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by GorillaBoy, 28 May 2009.

1. Baldur

Baldur Well-Known Member

In 1993, then aged 12, I visited a safari park on the east coast of the Spanish island of Mallorca. My father took a number of photos there and also in the small attached zoo. The feline cages held: 1) two leopards (rather than jaguars) of which one was black and one normal coloured, 2) a single lioness, 3) a male lion mixed with a tiger. The young I developed the theory that the lioness was pregnant and hence they were letting her live alone, keeping the male with the tiger in the meantime. I should try to find those photos again, but if my memory serves me right, the tiger was small and not fury, so I assume it was a Sumatran female. They stayed in separate corners of the cage.

2. Baldur

Baldur Well-Known Member

GorillaBoy, after I had finished writing my previous post, I spent a few extra minutes proofreading it before posting it. It is admirable if you love animals, so do I, but it is not enough just to get your message across. If you want the message to be taken seriously, you should read over what you write before posting it. You see, contrary to a popular believe, adding exclamation marks is not the way to do it.

3. Sun Wukong

Sun Wukong Well-Known Member

@Baldur, Gentle Lemur: Be careful-there's an overprotective mother hen lurking in GorillaBoy's shadow that does not tolerate even the slightest critique...but loves exclamation marks. :)

4. Cat-Man

Cat-Man Well-Known Member 15+ year member

you did work experience there

5. James27

James27 Well-Known Member

I know exactly where you meant, I'm just saying I'm almost certain that never happened. You wouldn't have seen it so I don't know why you said it did...

6. Cat-Man

Cat-Man Well-Known Member 15+ year member

was on tv:)

7. James27

James27 Well-Known Member

Oh, that's strange. Maybe it was ages ago in a circus act or something.

8. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

Can you tell us what the name of the program is and what channel it was on as i don`t recall seeing anything with Heythrop on it recently?