Join our zoo community

Most zoos visited

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by mazfc, 7 Feb 2015.

1. mazfc

mazfc Well-Known Member

2. Javan Rhino

Javan Rhino Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Looking at this article made me do a count up of mine (105). I have a goal to reach 150 by 2020, I personally think and hope I can do even better than this, but I looked at an average 10-12 new collections a year which seemed the most feasible.

I doubt there are too many on here that are past what Jonas has, maybe Tim Brown? (also worth noting that GWR apparently don't include aquariums and some smaller collections, and his total animal collections visited is getting closer to 1200).

3. snowleopard

snowleopard Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

Guinness World Records does not recognize aquariums, insectariums, butterfly gardens and several other smaller facilities as traditional "zoos", and what exactly constitutes a "zoo" is something that many of us have discussed on this site. Jonas Livet is a young Frenchman who is at 873 "zoos" but in reality he is very close to 1,200 if including all of the above. Jonas is so far ahead of everyone else that it is mind-boggling, but I've heard rumors of another gentleman over the 1,000 mark as well.

Individuals that I'm aware of via this site:

Jonas Livet - 1,200
    Harry Schram - 850
    Tim Brown - 650
    "MJB" - 600
    RobMV - 500
    "Wally War Eagle" - 450

I also know a number of people over 300 ("Sooty Mangabey", "Maguari", "Zoo Giraffe", Allen Nyhuis and several others...)

Am I missing any notable zoo nerds? :)