Join our zoo community

Musk deer photos

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by WildlifeOnline, 13 Sep 2021.

1. WildlifeOnline

WildlifeOnline Member 5+ year member

Hi folks,

I'm in the process of putting together an article on the Chinese water deer for my website and was hoping to include a photo of a musk deer (Moschus spp.) in the taxonomy section to illustrate similarity. Unfortunately, looking back over my photos from the only place I've so far seen musk deer (i.e. Barcelona Zoo), they're seriously unimpressive. This may be a bit impertinent, but while there are a couple of reasonable photos on WikiPedia that I could use, I was wondering whether anyone on here had a shot they'd be willing to let me use?

Many thanks,
    Marc.

2. littleRedPanda

littleRedPanda Well-Known Member

I've had a look in my Edinburgh photos and I don't think I've actually seen on on my visits, or it was in such deep shadow I did not photograph it.

3. WildlifeOnline

Thanks for looking littleRedPanda. At Barcelona it was right up against the fence in the corner of the enclosure, so perhaps it's a thing with these animals. :)

4. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

Most people on the forum who have photos of Musk Deer probably aren't even going to see this thread. The best idea would be to look in the galleries for a photo or photos that you like, then send a message directly to the person who uploaded it and ask if you can use it.

5. WildlifeOnline

Thanks Chlidonias.