Join our zoo community

MY ALL in One question topics

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by zoomania18, 17 Feb 2011.

1. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

If you are a serious cat fanatic, you need to save up and do whatever it takes to get to France and visit LE PARC DES FELINS. There is a separate thread for it here on ZooChat. They have around 24 different kinds of cats (species/subspecies) all in huge natural enclosures. The best cat collection ever assembled in one place and 100% good exhibits - not one bad one anywhere. I went for one day in 2009 and two days in 2010 and for a cat fanatic like me it is heaven on earth.

You will definitely see things you cannot find in America (rusty spotted cat, european wildcat, sri lanka leopard, etc).

Last edited: 24 Apr 2011
  2. KCZooFan

KCZooFan Well-Known Member

Looking through you list of favorite zoos a few weeks ago, I was suprised to find something ahead of Northwest Trek. I then checked it out, and yes, it sounds fantastic.

3. zoomania18

zoomania18 Well-Known Member

which zoo immersion exhibit you like most and why

can everyone please share what is your most enjoyable immersion exhibit you ever go .

4. zoomania18

hi everyone , i need help there . Can i ask 2 question . First is which zoo have the best and realistic exhibit for the gorilla . If i remember correctly , there is a zoo that the gorilla exhibit is awesome and well known . A tropical setting and naturalistic . I cant remember the name of the zoo . Second is is there any new open exhibit for the tiger . And which zoo have the best .

5. KCZooFan

In the United States, the Bronx's Congo Gorilla Forest is the best. From personal experiance, other good exhibits are found in Kansas City, Sedgwick County, Omaha, and Saint Louis.

6. Zooplantman

Zooplantman Well-Known Member

Don't forget DAK and Busch Gardens-Tampa

7. siamang27

siamang27 Well-Known Member

You are probably thinking of Congo Gorilla Forest at the Bronx Zoo. The Dallas, Sedgwick County, and San Diego zoos also have good gorilla exhibits.

8. Arizona Docent

Your answer to both questions is the same: Bronx Zoo. Everyone on ZooChat will tell you Congo Gorilla Forest is the best for gorillas (as long as you do not visit in winter). They also opened Tiger Mountain a few years ago, which I have not personally seen, but by all appearances is great.

Finding good tiger exhibits is easier than finding good gorilla exhibits, but there are a few good ones out there. My favorites for gorillas are Dallas Zoo, Busch Gardens Africa, Disney Animal Kingdom (although I don't like this park in general), Woodland Park Zoo. For tigers, Minnesota Zoo may be the best (and certainly the largest). Fort Worth Zoo has a very innovative design with white indian tiger on one side and malayan tiger on another side, separated by a large natural looking canyon with waterfall. Nearby Dallas Zoo has a pretty good one too with rotating malyan and sumatran tigers.

There are some very good looking new tiger addtions on the horizon. First, Reid Park Zoo (where I volunteer) is adding a malayan tiger tug-of-war feature next month similar to the one currently in use at Bronx Zoo. This (along with a training wall) will be added to one side of our already good exhibit. San Diego Safari Park will be building a new three exhibit complex next year for sumatran tigers (and other asian animals). I expect this to be outstanding and world-class. Phoenix Zoo is building a new one next year with room for up to six sumatran tigers. Drawings look good, but their latest project in this same campaign (orangutans) is only mediocre, so I am adopting a wait-and-see approach on their tiger exhibit. Incidentally, I find sumatran tigers to be the most beautiful of all the races.

9. iluvwhales

iluvwhales Well-Known Member 10+ year member

San Diego, Miami, North Carolina Zoo, Deyoung Family Zoo

10. iluvwhales

I'd say the bronx; large, naturalistic, and lots of gorillas, som of which, were born there

11. iluvwhales

I'd say San Diego, North Carolina Zoo, Fort Woth, Albaquerque (being wise of elephants)

12. reduakari

reduakari Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Or, of course, the progenitor of all of these, Woodland Park.

13. Arizona Docent

If you did a poll on this topic on ZooChat, I can guarantee you Congo Gorilla Forest at the Bronx Zoo would win.

14. Blackduiker

Blackduiker Well-Known Member

It's still the African Savannah tour at Disney's Animal Kingdom for me.

15. Blackduiker

Blackduiker Well-Known Member

Blackduiker

The Living Desert has an outstanding leopard exhibit. The best I've ever seen anywhere.

16. KCZooFan

The Lied Jungle might win though Arizona Docent.

For me it would be the Desert Dome in Omaha.

17. team tapir

team tapir Well-Known Member

We went through Myombe Gorilla Reserve in Busch Gardens Tampa during a torrid rainstorm and it really had the feel of being in a Central African Rainforest.

Team Tapir

18. Cat-Man

Cat-Man Well-Known Member 15+ year member

There was a poll for this before. It was a tie between Disney's animal kingdom savannah and Congo gorilla forest at Bronx zoo

19. zooprincess

zooprincess Member

I was a tour guide/truck driver at Kilimanjaro Safaris at Disney's Animal Kingdom for a while back in 2005-2006! It was a great experience, even as a job, and remains my favorite zoo immersion experience <3

If anyone has any questions about the safari ride, I'd be glad to share :) And, fyi, we drive the trucks ourselves--they are definitely not on tracks!!

Wild Arctic at SeaWorld Orlando is fun too!

20. zoomania18

Do you like zoo

How do you think of zoo ( all the world . ) for us , we think of going to zoo viewing animal and gain some knowledge ( rite ???) but some animal right lover , they say its best to release the animal into the wild or their natural habitats . because in zoo , they only in their outdoor exhibits for a while , while mostly they will stay inside their " Small dens " or so called indoor holding areas .

So am i right . I am a animal lover , but i think is ok for the animal to be in zoo . so what about you all.

share your opinion and ideas / thought there