Join our zoo community

My dream zoo

Discussion in 'Fantasy Zoos' started by Hyena, 2 Sep 2015.

1. Hyena

Hyena Member

Hello everyone!
    I really love animals, especially carnivores. I hope to open a small zoo one day. I don't want to have a big one, because I don't want to hire a lot of people. So I was wondering, has someone ever tough about building a zoo with only carnivore animals? well, you can ask: If you want a small zoo, just add some reptiles, birds... animals that don't need that much care. Why only animals who eats meat?
    Thats because I wouldn't enjoy caring for a frog, that much that I enjoy caring for a raccoon. Or a tiger.

So thats my question: would visitors still come visit only carnivore animals zoo witch has: for example 20 animals?

Sorry for bad English!

2. Batto

Batto Well-Known Member

Take a look at various mainly American institutions, often with a "sanctuary", "rescue", "conservation center" in their names that focus on wild felids and big cats in particular, like Wildcat Sanctuary, Big Cat Rescue etc.

3. Zooplantman

Zooplantman Well-Known Member

"will visitors come....?"
    That always depends on:
    what else they could be doing today (is there competition for their free time?)
    Will they feel that the facility is clean, pleasant and that the animals are well cared for?
    Can they afford it?

But if it is well done, and affordable, and the animals are clearly healthy and well-cared for, and there isn't a more interesting zoo or park close by..... then it might be a sucess

4. TheMightyOrca

TheMightyOrca Well-Known Member

Like Batto pointed out, there are a number of animal sanctuaries and "sanctuaries" that focus on cats. I've also seen parks that are all about crocodiles and alligators. Now, as for whether people will come... It could be successful, depending on how you do it. What does your zoo offer, other than animals on display? Are there any places in the area that might serve as competition? If so, how do you set yourself apart from the competition?

5. Hyena

Hyena Member

Thanks for your answers! the are very helpful! Keep them coming :D

6. Macaw16

Macaw16 Well-Known Member

Most Frogs are carnivorous, :p. I'm guessing you only mean mammalian carnivores, and not about carnivore.

7. Hyena

Hyena Member

Yes, Macaw16! Thank you!

8. animal_expert01

animal_expert01 Well-Known Member

You could have a zoo with large reptiles like snakes and corcodiles and big cats and name It TheCarnivoresBite or something like that