Join our zoo community

My Fantasy zoo

Discussion in 'Speculative Zoo Design and Planning' started by Gilgamesh, 11 Nov 2022.

1. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Kind of based it on the riverbanks zoo of old but okay here it goes,

I wanted the entrance of the zoo to be two large totem poles on both sides because I think they look cool. Right when you walk in to your right would be a Flamingo Pond with American Flamingos. Right behind them would be the Bird House. When you walk in I want two exhibits on both sides these can hold Roul Roul and Bleeding Heart Pigeon. The first room would be a collection of small birds in little jewel box exhibits including Burrowing Owls, Ruddy Duck, Toco Toucan, Plate Billed Toucan, Green Broadbill Red legged honeycreeper and a Burmese python exhibit. Right at the end is a large jackass penguin enclosure. After that theres several walk through exhibits starting out with
    the desert which would have Burrowing conures, Roadrunners and a gopher tortoise, next is the plains which would only have a flock of red crested cardinals, after that is the swamp which would house Red crested turacos, ringed teals and black crakes. All of the exhibits would be free flight immersive aviaries, Then there would be a snowy owl and king vulture walk through exhibit. After that is the largest habitat the rainforest with simulated rainstorms including thunder and lightning species would include Scahlow's turaco, nicobar pigeon, red billed leiothrix, red footed tortoise and saki monkey. Also the last two exhibits would be the canopy which features bali mynah two toed sloth and blue crowned motmot and the sea shore which includes guanay cormorant, and inca tern.
    Finally theres two exhibits on each side when leaving featuring more bleeding heart doves and a mountain witch dove with tanager. Surrounding the birdhouse there would be exhibits with parrots, macaws, toucans, hornbills, eagles, hawks, owls, vultures, and crows and jays.
    After that would be the gift shop and a large sea lion pool with california and south american sea lions. Then behind that is the elephant house featuring, Giant anteaters and Egrets, hippos and crowned cranes, Malayan tapir and finally African elephant and rock hyrax.
    Just a short distance a way is the giraffe house which has Reticulated giraffe white rhino and ostrich all together with a zebra enclosure right near it. Also wanted to add marsupials nearby so thered be a white stork, black swan and tammar and bennets wallaby habitat right behind the giraffe house. Continuing on is the large cat and bear grottos which would feature Kalahari lion and mandrill, Cheetah and hamadryas baboon, Kodiak Bear, olar bear and arctic fox, and siberian tiger in a circular loop. Right nearby is the small mammal house featuring, Coatis, bengal tigers, black howler monkeys, pumas, African crested porcupines, Cacomistles,Ring tailed Lemur, WHite faced Saki, Hoffmans Sloth, Binturong, Jaguar, Amur Leopard, Matschies Tree Kangaroo, bat eared fox, pallas cat, sugar glider, asian small clawed otter, black backed jackal, debrazza's guenon and finally aardvark.
    I suppose the only exhibits Im missing are the ape islands which would be near the birdhouse and feature siamangs grey gibbons and agile gibbons and then beyond that the waterfowl pond featuring ducks geese and swans. So that about sums it up if anyone has feedback on how to improve the first phase of the zoo let me know. Working on a part 2 and 3 with more exhibits.