Join our zoo community

My zoo design idea

Discussion in 'Fantasy Zoos' started by Asiaticlion2015, 10 Apr 2016.

1. Asiaticlion2015

Asiaticlion2015 Well-Known Member

This Thread is for a zoo idea I have I don't have a name for it or a big idea where it is going I'm just making bits up as I go along and hope I have somthing good at he end

2. Asiaticlion2015

Asiaticlion2015 Well-Known Member

Eurasian Escape part #1

Eurasian escape is the main section of my zoo it contains animals such as Eurasian lynx, European Bison and Gray Wolves. Not all exhibits are on show as some are used for conservation work.

To get around Eurasian escape you must follow a set way but some building such as the education centre can be skipped.
    The paths are all made of wooden planks and have borders of bark.

The Eurasian Lynx exhibit is the first thing you see in Eurasian Escape.

The Eurasian Lynx exhibit is made of two enclosures: the main one which the public see and has a male and female pair in, and the second enclosure is a much large exhibit which is again an off show one which is a more natural habitat and is used for studying a trio of Lynx.

The main enclosure is glass fronted allowing maximum viewing for visitors Within the exhibit there is a large rocky outcrop at the back allowing the Lynx to relax. There is also large amounts of logs and stumps around the enclosure allowing the Lynx to climb. The inside area where the Lynx sleep is off show. To view the Lynx you have two options the first is to view them through the window from the path. The second is to see them from a hide to the side which allows only 5 people at a time. In front of the exhibit there is a barrier stoping you getting you too close to the glass there is also information boards about the Lynx.

The second enclosure is within a pine forest at the back and houses two females and a male. The exhibit is designed as much as the natural habitat of the Lynx as possible. Human contact between the three Lynxes is kept minimal. They are so times fed deer carcass to encourage the to be more wild.

That is it for that exhibit if people want me to carry on this forum I will and I will try to use my spare time for this. If anyone has any suggestions for this zoo please tell me and I will try include them.

3. lowland anoa

lowland anoa Well-Known Member

Sounds ace! Seems like a zoo such as Chester, naturalistic exhibits and visitors viewing