Join our zoo community

My Zoo Plans

Discussion in 'Fantasy Zoos' started by 1 and only Drew, 15 Sep 2015.

1. 1 and only Drew

1 and only Drew Well-Known Member

Hi guys! I'm Drew, 15, and new here to the forum.

I have always loved animals, and always have dreamed of owning my own zoo. Well, I plan to build one after saving enough money. I think loans will be made, and my goal is to acquire $10M to build the zoo/aquarium. I plan on starting out with mostly reptiles and amphibians, as well as birds, lemurs, cats (like cheetah, tiger, black panther), porcupines, fennec fox, an aquarium room/exhibit, and some other exotic mammals (zebras too). I plan to build in a location without very many zoos - my home state of North Carolina. Eventually, the zoo will be expanded to be even larger. My dream if the zoo kicks off is to add a large African safari exhibit to the zoo if it is expanded.

I fully understand how much money and time building and running a zoo costs. I have done my research, and I'm here to do more. Any further recommendations are welcomed. Thanks!

2. jbnbsn99

jbnbsn99 Well-Known Member

Moved to fantasy forum.

3. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

1 and only Drew huh? :......:D welcome.

4. 1 and only Drew

1 and only Drew Well-Known Member

Lol I couldn't think of anything else :)

Does anyone know how much a zoo makes a year? Not what the people working there make, but how much in admissions, donations, grants, etc. I would estimate right now that when my zoo starts, it would be about 11.5 acres. Thanks!

5. jbnbsn99

jbnbsn99 Well-Known Member

Most zoos don't make money. This does seem to contradict your statement "I fully understand how much money and time building and running a zoo costs."