Join our zoo community

Myrtle Beach Safari Park

Discussion in 'United States' started by Peter Dickinson, 20 Dec 2010.

1. Peter Dickinson

Peter Dickinson Well-Known Member

There has never been a greater need than now for cooperation between zoos around the world. Not only with conservation breeding programmes and exchange of information and knowledge but in weeding out those who are working on the principles of 'ignorance is bliss' and 'let me see how much I can get away with'. Not only are animals suffering but the wrong educational messages are being promoted. The biggest problem here is that the press so often fail to check their facts and ordinary lies become compound lies.

It is not just in Asia with places like Phuket Zoo and the Million Years Stone Park but in the West as well. It is almost beyond belief that Myrtle Beach Safari Park should or could have contributed anything ....
    Just What Is The Point Mr Antle?

2. Meaghan Edwards

Meaghan Edwards Well-Known Member

Sigh. What a huge shame.

If people want to go to a quality animal attraction, I highly recommend the North Carolina Zoo, South Carolina Aquarium and sea turtle hospital, the Seewee Educational Center in Awendaw, SC (they have a wonderful Red Wolf exhibit) and the nearby Center for Birds of Prey. These places have all done real conservation work.