Join our zoo community

Adelaide Zoo new animals for south australian zoos....

Discussion in 'Australia' started by patrick, 21 Mar 2005.

1. Nigel

Nigel Well-Known Member

zoo websites

I agree that if a zoo decides to have a website , they should update it on a regular experience ; perhaps monthly , or even weekly for bigger zoos .

Wellington Zoo is also a slow upgrader of their website -- Cairo was still supposedly alive 6 months after he was put down ! The zoo claimed limited resources when I took up the issue with them .

I mean , all it should take , is for the zoo keepers and vets to send a small message to the clerical officer with details of births, deaths , acquisitions etc , and for the clerical officer to update the website as part of a regular duty . It shouldnt take more than 10 minutes a week in Wellingtons case !

Maybe I am barking up the wrong website , but I am frustrated with the limited information about Australia Zoo ( the zoo itself ) and preferably with some facts about the animals there . There is alot of information about the Irwin family .
    I have no problem with having a Irwin website/s ( honestly ! ) but perhaps they could have 2 seperate websites ?

2. MARK

MARK Well-Known Member

In regards to the Black rhino going to Monarto zoo, i contacted the zoo, they said there is not going to be any Black rhino there in the near furture and the comment of their website was wrong, so no rhinos.