Join our zoo community

New exhibits 2009

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Swedish Zoo Fan, 27 Dec 2008.

1. Swedish Zoo Fan

Swedish Zoo Fan Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. In this thread you can discuss about the new exhibits in the German zoos next year, and also if someone has heard a rumour, tell us about it :).

2. Sun Wukong

Sun Wukong Well-Known Member

Spreading rumours shouldn't be encouraged; that usually causes more harm than good.

Frankfurt's new director seems to be keen on proposing big plans; a new African savannah, a Andean Bear/Coatimundi and a new Penguin exhibit are planned as well as other flamboyant changes. Not to mention wrecking the Grzimek House and building a new nocturnal house. Makes you wonder how he wants to do all that with the proposed rather meager budget...

Tierpark Hellabrunn (Munich) plans building a new large polar bear exhibit. For that, muskox and beavers (as mentioned before) will have to go.

3. Toddy

Toddy Well-Known Member

Isn't ZOOM's new Asia-theme opening this summer?

4. Swedish Zoo Fan

Swedish Zoo Fan Well-Known Member

I think so, with orang-utans, am I right?? Maybe I can visit ZOOM this summer when i'm going to Cologne.

5. BjoernN

BjoernN Well-Known Member 15+ year member

@Swedish Zoofan
    You are right, ZOOM Asia is going to keep Orang-Utans, Grey Langurs and Red Pandas....

Leipzig plans the building of a African wild dog exhibit close to the new Angola-Lion and Spotted hyena enclosure....