Join our zoo community

New Horizons Conservation Society

Discussion in 'Wildlife & Nature Conservation' started by J.simpkin, 1 Mar 2013.

1. J.simpkin

J.simpkin Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm currently looking into starting a new conservation society, I know it's a long road but I'm just starting out with some basic ideas. I've put the intro and mission statement below.
    I welcome any feedback, enjoy!

New Horizons Conservation Society

Intro

The 8.7 million species of animals currently in existence are not a snapshot in time but a legacy for the future. The NHCS aims to increase the awareness of environmental and the human impacts faced by the planets animals.
    Over the recent decades we have become aware of the blight of hundreds of species worldwide, many of which are on the brink of extinction. It has been estimated that humans have been directly and indirectly responsible for the extinction of over a thousand species during our existence and many more if we don’t act now!

Mission statement

• Encourage and educate young people about the importance of their continual involvement in the area of animal welfare and conservation.
    • Identify species threatened by human activity, and then work to prevent the damage on the ecosystem.
    • Identify current ongoing projects that are protecting animals and their environments, and support them anyway NHCS can.
    • Assist UK and worldwide-based sanctuaries in their efforts to care for animals that have suffered as a result of the illegal pet trade and the destruction of their natural habitat.

2. Hix

Hix Wildlife Enthusiast and Lover of Islands 15+ year member Premium Member

In the second paragraph the word should be 'plight', not 'blight'. They mean two very different things.

:p

Hix

3. Zooplantman

Zooplantman Well-Known Member

Perhaps the writer finds some species especially unattractive or troublesome