Join our zoo community

Crocodiles of the World New premises for COFW

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by kiang, 18 Jan 2014.

1. kiang

kiang Well-Known Member 15+ year member

2. banham.tiger

banham.tiger Well-Known Member

does anyone know what new animals will be there (if there are going to be any)

3. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

Well I would think more species of Crocodile given time,but I wouldn't expect too many new species until all the animals they currently have are re-homed at the new site!

4. Nanook

Nanook Well-Known Member

I always knew this collection was "going places" !!
    It is certainly one to watch for the future, the collection is progressive and dynamic, and conservationally motivated, but at the heart of it is one very determined, dedicated and passionate animal keeper - good luck to Shaun and his team, they deserve everyone`s full support.

5. Nisha

Nisha Well-Known Member 10+ year member

The new premises will open on 14th Feb 2014:

Crocodiles of the World has a really exciting announcement for you today.

Some time ago, we announced that we had found new premises for the zoo. This facility has been designed and fitted out to meet our exact needs, allowing us to exhibit the wonderful animals of Crocodiles of the World in different ways, giving even more insight into the inner world of crocodiles. Also, and very importantly for the protection of our future, we will be open 7 days a week!

For some time we've been working on one of the most challenging (and hopefully most fulfilling projects) we’ve ever undertaken and now we can finally announce an opening date. We hope you're every bit as excited as we are about the all-new, larger Crocodiles of the World opening on … February 14, 2014.

We wanted to share with you this news as early as possible. However, we need to encourage you to be patient as we update various behind the scenes systems. Tickets will go on sale from Monday next week - following the relaunch of our website.

Also, we cannot thank you enough for your support and generosity. This project is supported by donations from people like you. Without the help of many generous people out there then our move would never have got started. We are however, hoping to make one last big push for fundraising to help carry us over the finish line. There are lots of ways you can make a difference: you can donate via the website, donate by phone, or you can buy a copy of our fundraising wall poster. Learn more here: Crocodiles of the World Zoo Move Fundraising Appeal

Thank you for your generosity and your willingness to support our mission.

6. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

Great news, and rather sooner than I had expected!

7. banham.tiger

banham.tiger Well-Known Member

new premises opening tomorrow (if not already open)

8. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

I cannot entirely vouch for this information, having (obviously) not attempted it myself, but looking at bus timetables and maps, the new premises for COTW will be reachable by quite regular public transport - there are two bus services running regularly from Oxford city centre which appear to stop just outside Brize Norton, 15 minutes walk down a quiet country road to the new premises.

As I cannot vouch for this information myself, I won't add it to the public transport thread, but if anyone gives it a go and finds it works out okay, feel free to add it yourselves.