Join our zoo community

SeaWorld San Diego New projects announced for San Diego SeaWorld

Discussion in 'United States' started by DavidBrown, 8 Jan 2019.

1. DavidBrown

DavidBrown Well-Known Member 15+ year member

SeaWorld has announced several new projects planned for the next few years. Most of it seems to be roller coasters, but a renovated Penguin Encounter and Shark Encounter are mentioned.

Maybe the San Diego penguin exhibit will be replaced with a similar ride and exhibit like Florida's penguin complex was turned into?

They also mentioned that a new entrance for the park is being developed. Wasn't that just done a couple of years ago with touch pool exhibits at the front gate?

SeaWorld doubles down on thrill rides, with third roller coaster in three years and its tallest yet

snowleopard, Sarus Crane and nczoofan like this.
  2. Sarus Crane

Sarus Crane Well-Known Member 5+ year member

They're building a smaller B&M dive coaster called Mako. It won't be as tall as Sheikra at BGT, Griffon at BGW or Valravn at CP with a maximum height of 150 ft with a 143 drop. I don't have any high expectations for it considering that I thought Valravn was over hyped when CP debuted it in summer 2016. When I got off it (rode front row) my claims were verified. Hopefully the shark exhibit compenent will be good though.